Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
I noticed that my DME seems to have this setting disabled for whatever reason. Is there any clinical significance to whether this particular setting is blocked or not? I went ahead and re-enabled it via the clinician menu since common sense tells me it likely makes no difference one way or the other since it's a manual function and thus not something to likely hinder therapy.

In the manual "Check mask fit" seems to give a quick indication of whether your mask is fitted properly or not.

Also, does the CDMA/3G/4G/LTE/whatever modem report when you've changed a setting like this in the clinician menu?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
there's no clinical reason, just DMEs being stupid.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation "Check mask fit" option
(04-30-2016, 10:40 PM)Wrz77 Wrote: I noticed that my DME seems to have this setting disabled for whatever reason. Is there any clinical significance to whether this particular setting is blocked or not? I went ahead and re-enabled it via the clinician menu since common sense tells me it likely makes no difference one way or the other since it's a manual function and thus not something to likely hinder therapy.

In the manual "Check mask fit" seems to give a quick indication of whether your mask is fitted properly or not.

Hello Wrz77. Welcome to the forum.

Your understanding of the mask fit function on your DreamStation is correct. It gives you a quick way to check how well your mask is sealing.

If you haven't already done so I would suggest you download a copy of the Clinician Setup Manual for your DreamStation. It contains the information you need to get into the Clinician Menu to access setting such as the mask fit function. The link is at the top of the page.

(04-30-2016, 10:40 PM)Wrz77 Wrote: Also, does the CDMA/3G/4G/LTE/whatever modem report when you've changed a setting like this in the clinician menu?

I'm not sure what information, other than compliance, is reported via the modem. However, while I do take my healthcare providers input very seriously, I don't lose any sleep (pun intended Smile) if I decide take steps to advance my own therapy. If you do decide to change things it is a good idea to keep them in the loop, though.

Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] One year in, need a reality check BuzzaJim 2 158 03-30-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 993 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 136 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 203 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,718 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,046 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 421 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.