Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone help me understand what is happening?
Can anyone help me understand what is happening?
I am not sure what's happening in the area I circled in red, but it happens to me frequently. There are not always RERA events.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone help me understand what is happening?
We would need to see some zoomed views
30 min overview
10 min view, a couple
some 3 minute views of the 'interesting' parts
Post Reply Post Reply
I can’t see it but mine does something like that when I have mouth leaks ( no leak chart)
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=32299 Wrote:Gideon pid='394978' dateline='1621299979']We would need to see some zoomed views
30 min overview
10 min view, a couple
some 3 minute views of the 'interesting' parts

Thanks for the feedback. 

There are 5 screenshots here:

#1 is the 30 minute period in question. My breathing, I believe, goes from normal to abnormal in this period. I think this because the flow rate narrows around 00:04 mark and I have 2 RERAs during that time. 

#2 is a 10 minute period where my pressure quickly spikes from 15 to the max pressure of 17, which is physician set. This happens earlier in the night at 23:51. 

#3 is a closer (10 minute) view of #1 at the point where my breathing changes from normal to (I think) abnormal.

In the next post, due to the 3 post limit are the following screenshots:

Thank you for you guidance and help.

As promised, here are the final two screenshots:

#4 is a 1 minute close up of normal flow rate pattern (normal for me). 

#5 is a 1 minute close up of the abnormal flow rate pattern I am wondering about.

Post Reply Post Reply
How are you feeling? Your abnormal is my normal haha

Might be different sleep phase?
Post Reply Post Reply
Any flow limits going on in that period of interest where flow rate diminishes?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe show us what your flow limits and leaks are like in that times? Perhaps just high level overview at first where we can see a little of "normal" versus "altered".
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, here you go. See attached image:

OK. Here you are - one of these is a zoom in on altered, the other is a whole night. 

My leaks are almost nonexistent, but I have flow limit problems in certain times.

Post Reply Post Reply
My opinion is that flow limits are or could be contributing to the reduced flow rate.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a hunch, nothing more.
I'd like you to try a cervical collar. You do not have the normal indications we see but the low volume flow is severely flow limited and I suspect you are tilting your chin in toward your chest. Read about via the link in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to OSCAR..Please Help me understand the data. *screenshots attached* Cowboys77 0 87 03-19-2024, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Cowboys77
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 96 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  Just trying to understand this stuff Domino96 5 267 03-05-2024, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 978 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
Question [CPAP] Help to understand current situation and OSCAR data 3dkid14 0 253 01-18-2024, 04:21 AM
Last Post: 3dkid14
  Help to understand results, please Olis001 5 425 11-30-2023, 12:04 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  trialing masks - pressure requirements, What's happening? Wondering2 14 826 11-15-2023, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Wondering2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.