Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone shed some light on these SleepyHead Results?
Information 
Can anyone shed some light on these SleepyHead Results?
First of all - I know none of you are my doctor, and I will follow up this month for my 1 year since being on my CPAP.

However, I was curious as to some of these values and are they any cause for alarm going into my checkup?

Details Most Recent Last 7 Days Last 30 Days Last 6 months Last Year
AHI 0.27 0.51 0.56 0.52 0.53

RERA Index 0.14 0.21 0.13 0.10 0.10

Hours / Night 07:23 07:33 07:39 07:51 07:38
Pressure 13.00 13.00 13.00 13.00 13.00
Avg Total Leaks 39.00 37.44 38.60 38.14 39.56
95% Total Leaks 62.00 58.00 60.00 59.00 63.00

Changes to Prescription Settings
First Last Days AHI FL Machine Mode Pr. Rel. Pressure
8/1/12 8/3/13 367 0.53 0.00 PRS1 CPAP C-Flex+ x3 13.00]

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone shed some light on these SleepyHead Results?
It all looks good to me, except possibly your 95% leak rate may be borderline high. Check your machine's on-screen display and see what the percent time in large leak is. If it's above 0% you may want to consider a chin strap.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vestule,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang tight for answers to your question about your Sleepyhead data, someone will help you soon and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, in order.

AHI is the Apnea Hypopnea index. It is the average number of apnea events per hour. A value of 5 or less is considered normal. Last night, you scored 0.27. Over the last 7 days, you averaged 0.51. Over the last 30 days, you averaged 0.56. Over the last 6 months, you averaged 0.52. Over the last year, you averaged 0.53. These are excellent numbers, and indicate that your apnea is well under control.

RERA is a Respiratory Effort Related Arousal index. It is the average number of RERA events per hour. A RERA event is where the machine detects a change in breathing that might signify that you are starting to wake up. Those values are also excellent. It looks like you are sleeping soundly.

Hours / Night is just what it sounds like: the number of hours every night that you use the device. It looks like you are regularly getting around 7.5 hours of sleep per night. That is a touch low, but if you're good with that, there's nothing wrong with it.

Pressure is your treatment pressure. It's much more interesting in an AutoCPAP machine. With your fixed-pressure CPAP device, it simply shows that you've been at 13 cmH2O for quite some time.

Avg Total Leaks is the average amount of total leakage in the airway system in liters per minute (L/min). This includes the intentional leak because of the vent in your mask. According to the manual on your Swift FX nasal pillows, at a pressure of 13 cmH2O, the expected leak rate should be around 38.5 L/min. Your numbers are right around there, so on average, it appears that you have no leaks.

95% Total Leaks is the total leakage value that you are at or below 95% of the time. This is typically going to be higher than your average. Going by your expected leak rate, a 95% total leak rate of 62 L/min means that your 95% unintentional leak rate (total - intentional) is around 23.5 L/min. A leak rate of 24 L/min is considered the threshold for a "large leak", so 95% of the time your unintentional leak rates are acceptable for treatment. This is also a good number.

Finally, there is the prescription setting. It appears that you first started using CPAP on 1 August 2012, and since then have stayed at a fixed pressure setting of 13 cmH2O with a CFlex+ setting of 3.

If I were your doctor (and if I were a doctor), I would be very pleased with these numbers and tell you to keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing new to add, though while RonWessels is correct about leak rate, like Sleepster, it looks to me like the leak rate might be on the high side of acceptable. If that difference is because you keep your mask just a little loose and it gives you a better night's sleep, then it may be the best thing for you. Why mess with something that works? You are a model CPAPper with awesome numbers. Welcome!
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Everyone... Thank you very much for all the feedback...

Very Awesome... I was a bit concerned about the leak rate numbers... but that makes sense if it accounts for the leak of the mask.

The nasal pillows, push a lot of air out the vent...

Since being diagnosed after my gal-bladder surgery last year... I have been using it faithfully every night... (except the one where we lost power - THAT SUCKED!)

I think it helps... but as Ron stated... I may not be sleeping long enough each night.

Which I need to adjust, however, a bit difficult with a 6 and 3 year old coming into bed every-night. Smile

Again - thank you everyone for the feedback...

--vestule

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2013, 04:23 PM)vestule Wrote: Since being diagnosed after my gal-bladder surgery last year... I have been using it faithfully every night... (except the one where we lost power - THAT SUCKED!)

There are various recent threads on this forum discussing using a battery to power your CPAP. You could opt for the official Respironics battery pack (which I can personally attest will last at least one full night even with the humidifier turned on) or you could put something together yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2013, 04:23 PM)vestule Wrote: Very Awesome... I was a bit concerned about the leak rate numbers... but that makes sense if it accounts for the leak of the mask.

You can have SleepyHead report the unintentional leak rate, too.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vestule.... A very enviable years worth of therapy. Congrats on the great numbers. Personally, I'd cancel the Doctors appointment. After a year with those resulting numbers, you aren't going to get any better therapy. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2013, 09:55 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: If it isn't broke, don't fix it.
+1
Best of luck with your therapy

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,495 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 157 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.