Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone speak on the P10 compared to an Activa LT?
Can anyone speak on the P10 compared to an Activa LT?
Hey guys...

For a change I'm looking for advice rather than offering it...

It's time to replace my mask again, and I've been more than happy with the *performance* of my Mirage Activa LT nasal mask... but I do sort of hate the fact that I can't do things like read or watch TV before I dose off, easily. I've gotten really good at using one eye...

Seems a lot of people are pretty taken with the P10... but a) I've never used a nasal pillow style mask, and b) my prescribed pressure is pretty high - 18 cm - though the median pressure has trended downward as I've lost weight, etc. *Usually* I don't get over 15, often less, but some nights I spike.

When I started on CPAP, my RT took one look at me (and my beard) and said "this is the one you want..." and handed me the Activa. I have almost no issues with leakage... and in fact, it's almost 4 years even since I replaced the mask... careful maintenance pays off.

Is there anyone here that is familiar enough with both masks to offer a comparison?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone speak on the P10 compared to an Activa LT?
(05-29-2014, 02:18 PM)CHanlon Wrote: I have almost no issues with leakage... and in fact, it's almost 4 years even since I replaced the mask... careful maintenance pays off.
Same here, I've been using the Activa LT for some time and have no intention trying anything else
the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence

Don,t surprised me one bit, if they stop making the Activa LT. The idea is not making people happy and stick with one mask (no money in happiness). The idea is to maximize their profit and keep coming up with new products all the time and confuse people ... hopefully all the time for their shareholders sake
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the P10 with pressures up to 20. It leaked pretty bad but most of that was the ridiculous headgear.

Another mask you may want to look into is the Nuance. It doesn't leak much at all, especially now that I use a chin strap to keep my lips closed.

Other masks like the Swift LT etc have a bigger piece that may get moved out of place by a thick mustache. That's the beauty of the minimalistic P10 and the Nuance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 04:24 PM)zonk Wrote: Don,t surprised me one bit, if they stop making the Activa LT. The idea is not making people happy and stick with one mask (no money in happiness). The idea is to maximize their profit and keep coming up with new products all the time and confuse people ... hopefully all the time for their shareholders sake

Companies create new products to gain market share, not confuse people.

When a mask gets discontinued it is likely because not enough people use that mask and they are losing money on it. You can't expect a company to continue to make a mask that costs them more to make than they get paid for it.

Lower reimbursements for DME's = pressure on manufacturers to produce lower costs masks. The result, IMO has been much better masks for most patients. The airfit is a classic example. Less bulk. Lighter flexible materials. More comfort.

Now, back to to original question. P10 vs Activa LT is like comparing apples to oranges. It's a pretty big jump, especially at higher pressures. Many patients have a harder time with pillows staying put at high pressures.

The N10 might be a solution for you. It gives you a bit more stability than the pillows and a bit more comfort than your current mask. Then, down the road you may decided to try the pillows. If you still don't get a good enough seal with the N10, then the Mirage FX is still a good nasal option.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2014, 11:12 AM)jaycee Wrote: The N10 might be a solution for you. It gives you a bit more stability than the pillows and a bit more comfort than your current mask. Then, down the road you may decided to try the pillows. If you still don't get a good enough seal with the N10, then the Mirage FX is still a good nasal option.

Now *that* looks interesting. I do like the Activa... I just like being able to see around it now that bedtime doesn't mean instant crashing and sleeping through the next 9 hours. :-)

That and I have this new Fiancee I like looking at...

I've got some time with my RT booked, so I'll have to take a prod at it and see how it feels.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi CHanlon
I use both the Swift FX & the Swift FX Nano masks, which are the predecessors to the new AirFit P10 & N10 masks. At higher pressures I prefere the Nano, as I don't get 2 air-jets blown directly into my nasel passages. But the Nano only works if I save my mustache. But both masks allow me to watch TV mit my glasses on. Still waiting for the DME (Lungenliga) here in Switzerland to supply the new AirFit masks, now that ResMed Switzerland has finally released them.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
So... I decided to give the N10 a try... and I like it. Some pros, some cons... the former outweigh the latter. I'll write up a review in the next day or two, and post it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my promised follow-up.

I like the N10. I really do. Being rid of the forehead pad, and the resulting obstruction to my line of sight is a huge plus. It's reasonably comfortable, and I like the headgear better than my activa Lt. I found it had to be adjusted more tightly than the activa, which meant it took a bit of fiddling to take the pressure of my upper lip.

All that said, I'm going back to my active Lt.. I've found a few issues with the n10. Most are probably not design issues, but they make it the wrong mask for me. Foremost is the seal. It seems to work great in testing, and it *does* work great if I sleep on my back... But most times I don't, and it takes very minor pressure on one of the cheek arms to break the seal on the side opposite. Right by the nose, which then blows air into my eye. I've had 2 styes since I started using it, which have been alleviated by changing back to my activa.
I also find it to be a lot noisier than the activa, especially on the inhale, so I don't think the venting is at fault. I feel a lot more air turbulence inside the mask, especially, again, on the inhale. I believe that, and the resulting noise, are a result of the connector hose, and the airflow path.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the pillows of the P-10 irritated my nose even while using Lansinoh, though have used them as they were what were given to me during my sleep study along with the Resmed AirFit F-10 ..

Have since found the Wisp and have used it the past week to 10 days .. and found it to be the most comfortable for me so far . But I really think one should have several mask according to the situation one might find himself/herself in ..

I'm slightly claustrophobic and have trouble using a full face mask for any length of time so am reduced in the number/types I can successfully use ..
Post Reply Post Reply
The Wisp looks a lot like the N10, with different headgear. I think the swivel on the Wisp might alleviate the noise issue I found with the N10 - with the N10 there is no swivel at the nose, just at the end of the connector tube. That corrugated hose connects right to the nose piece.

You might want to try the Activa LT - it's not full face, and it has a bit more in front of you than the Wisp, but it's a very light touch for a proper seal.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Nasal Pillows compared to Full Face Mask Rengah 5 929 07-26-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Rengah
  Accuracy of the o2ring compared to checkme Zackio 22 4,835 08-08-2022, 05:53 PM
Last Post: goku
  [CPAP] Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued. Xeraphax 6 2,766 02-09-2022, 12:51 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Expelled air leaking more and more - RESMED Activa razormarsh 2 503 06-26-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: razormarsh
  I can’t eliminate hypopneas on dreamstation ASV compared to Resmed ASV wwsleep 11 1,744 03-30-2021, 12:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Activa Lt vs Resperonics dreamwear nasal mask chronic 4 775 02-28-2021, 10:48 AM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.