Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level
RE: Does anyone know what OSCAR uses to compute its SpO2 Baseline?
(01-10-2023, 08:20 AM)pholynyk Wrote: No... there is a difference between median and average. To get the avaerage, you add up all the values and divide by the number of values. The median is found by counting the number of values, then sorting all the values from low to high, and finally, finding value in the middle of the sorted list. There will be as many values below as above the median value..

The median and the average can be close in value, unless the values are skewed high or low.

First night with a pulse oximiter CMS50f.  I don't see how my mean baseline for the first hour could possibly be 95. My pulse change events and Desats are way to many to be of any use.  I do realize that something funky and unexplained happened during the last 25 min of the first hour (before SPo2 and pulse went back to normal) but excluding or including this last 25 min... either way my baseline would be below 95.  I too was trying to make my flags for desats useful, but like the other user changing the settings for oximitry didn't change the number of flags. I wonder if the changes to flags won't take effect until the next session. But either way the baseline is nonsense I was below baseline almost the entire night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level
We must not be looking at the same data.  Your Mean is listed at 92.  The 95%tile is 95.  This means that for 95% of the recording time, your SpO2 was at or below 95.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can anyone tell me from this screenshot what Oscar is using as my baseline SpO2 level
(10-28-2023, 12:09 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: We must not be looking at the same data.  Your Mean is listed at 92.  The 95%tile is 95.  This means that for 95% of the recording time, your SpO2 was at or below 95.

- Red

Thanks  I was looking under "Oximiter Information" and I guess that was the wrong place to look. So it shows 216 SPo2 events, which is just noise at this point. Do you know how I can reduce the flags to a number that is meaningful?  Same question with Pulse Change events. Thanks for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest difference between how OSCAR and Wellue classify desaturations is that OSCAR uses a single baseline for the entire series, whereas Wellue uses a moving baseline, leading to a potentially very large difference in the numbers.

The moving baseline method is more correct, imo. ODI3/ODI4 should be calculated based on a two minute moving window, when the value drops 3% or more below the recent baseline and lasts for a minimum time period.

It appears to do the same with pulse rate changes, leading to some pretty inflated numbers at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,750 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,196 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  SpO2 Assistant Data File Conversion WSHenry 3 3,086 01-11-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: BiggerDog
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 669 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
Gross SpO2 Assistant Unable To Start Correctly Merlin309 0 461 09-03-2023, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Merlin309
Idea Spreadsheet Analysis of SpO2: Median of +/- one minute looks helpful DavidEsp 1 711 08-22-2023, 10:55 AM
Last Post: chemmkl
Idea Better SpO2 Metrics? Integrative/Cumulative? DavidEsp 1 703 08-22-2023, 10:17 AM
Last Post: chemmkl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.