Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can face masks be used for all machines
Can face masks be used for all machines
Are face masks made by one manufacturer, say Philips, compatible with machines made by another manufacturer, say Resmed? I presume hoses are standard and therefor can be connected to any mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can face masks be used for all machines
The hose end diameters are standard, but each manufacturers' heated hose has its own connector style, even for different series.

The ClimateLine hose for the AirSense 10 and AirCurve 10 only fits the 10 series; there are different hoses for the 9 and 11 series.

All masks fit all hoses. Except for a few odd cases...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed S10 *for her*
I use a Resmed N20 nasal mask. When I read the instruction sheet inside the box that the mask came in, it says that the setting in the S10 should be nasal pillows. Does that make sense? A member here had pointed that out.

I have used Respironics masks with my Resmed S9E that I replaced about a year and a half ago. I used the wisp, and the dreamwear masks. I wonder if my treatment would have been better if I had just used Resmed masks back then.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still experimenting. I am a side sleeper and earlier this year I switched from the old style four point nasal masks to the minimalist P30i. But I have problems with leaks and have tried different cushions. I don't want to go back to the old style masks with my newfound freedom. But I really have to get a handle on the leaks. I've just ordered a fullface mask Dreamwear. See if it helps.  For all I know, there were lots of leaks before, it's just that my old Philips machine never told me about it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 520 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.