Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feedback on my OSCAR data
Feedback on my OSCAR data
    Hi all, I am so happy I found this site, so much information and also knowing im not alone!

I have owned a Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet for 5 months now with limited succes, usually can only wear it for a few hours, lately after months of tweaking im starting to wake up withi it on after several hours.  I would love if any of you talented people could have a look a my data and give me any pointers to what config i should tweak to improve?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback on my OSCAR data
Hello, Sponny. I can make some suggestions about your settings, but I'd also like to make some other comments.

Do you have a sense for why you're getting in such short sessions with the machine? Does your mask bother you? Do you find it hard to breathe out against pressure?

You are having some large leaks from your mask. During large leaks, your machine isn't able to maintain your therapy pressure, so it's important to address the problem. Try going online to watch a few videos about how to fit your mask.

Just curious: do you breathe through your mouth during the day? If not, you might want to try a nose-only mask, e.g., nasal pillows.

Your obstructive events (and snores) appear to come in clusters. This may be due to the way your head is positioned relative to your body. Do you sleep on your sides or on your back? Is your pillow low or high? Do you know if you tuck your chin down toward your chest?

Next time you post a chart, would you include your flow limitations graph? To squeeze it in, grab the horizontal gray bars that separate the graphs and push them up a little to make room.

About the settings. Your minimum pressure of 4 would leave many adults feeling air-starved, and it is clearly way below a therapeutic pressure. So I recommend that you raise your minimum to 7 and increase EPR to 3. Over time, I think you will need to raise your minimum further, but one thing at a time. I also recommend that you raise your maximum to 15. The machine "wants" to go higher and hangs up on your current maximum of 13. Let's see where it would go if you gave it a little more room to roam.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feedback on my OSCAR data
I'm somewhat time limited, so I'll be brief.  
  • Turn off the "Ramp"
  • You are either chin tucking or, most probably, sleeping on your back. - Stay on your side and avoid chin tucking.
  • Work on addressing the major leaks.

Please unpin the charts and set your Daily screen to View ⇾ Reset Graphs ⇾ Standard.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 102 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  Current OSCAR Data Tylermdugan 0 63 03-26-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tylermdugan
  Need help with OSCAR data Abhi 5 400 03-26-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: BigWing
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Sleep HQ Chart Feedback RobertGeorge 9 235 03-21-2024, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.