Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can mild apnea cause severe fatigue?
RE: Can mild apnea cause severe fatigue?
It will be beneficial to post your flow limitation graph
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2019, 06:00 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: It will be beneficial to post your flow limitation graph

Post Reply Post Reply
It's not terrible looking but I agree that an epr of 3 can reduce the flow limitations even further for better quality sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2019, 07:34 PM)Michaely6 Wrote: It's not terrible looking but I agree that an epr of 3 can reduce the flow limitations even further for better quality sleep

I appreciate your input!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2019, 10:55 AM)Lachrymosa Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:50 AM)mesenteria Wrote: ... and just endure and note what happens as you change things.  A record, written and comprehensible later, might be useful for you when you feel you have to revert to previous settings for some reason.

Makes sense... Thank you!

You have the ability in Oscar to keep daily notes and a snapshot of how you're feeling (on a scale of Awesome to Zombie). See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._bookmarks

Each time you open a particular day you will have your notes available to you. It's not possible to do much with the notes except read them on the screen and copy / paste into another document. Under some circumstances you can include the notes in a printed report of the page, but this is not reliable and fails more often than not, so we don't recommend it for now. Proper handling of the notes is on the "to do" list for the Oscar developers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2019, 07:55 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:55 AM)Lachrymosa Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 10:50 AM)mesenteria Wrote: ... and just endure and note what happens as you change things.  A record, written and comprehensible later, might be useful for you when you feel you have to revert to previous settings for some reason.

Makes sense... Thank you!

You have the ability in Oscar to keep daily notes and a snapshot of how you're feeling (on a scale of Awesome to Zombie). See here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._bookmarks

Each time you open a particular day you will have your notes available to you. It's not possible to do much with the notes except read them on the screen and copy / paste into another document. Under some circumstances you can include the notes in a printed report of the page, but this is not reliable and fails more often than not, so we don't recommend it for now. Proper handling of the notes is on the "to do" list for the Oscar developers.
Did not realize this, thank you! I need to take more time to explore everything OSCAR has to offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2019, 07:57 PM)Lachrymosa Wrote: Hello all, brand new here and to APAP therapy. I have been struggling with severe fatigue for over a year and have had every test under the sun run on me. Finally a new doctor suggested an at home sleep study to check for apnea (I asked my old doctor for testing but she refused since I don't fit the "apnea type" - I'm a 42 year old woman who's not overweight - even though I told her my husband had noticed I sometimes appear to stop breathing at night). Anyway, the study gave me a diagnosis of OSA with 9.4 AHI and I was prescribed the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - I've used it for 4 nights now. My question is can even mild apnea like I have cause severe fatigue? There are days I can hardly make it up or down the stairs in my home, I get weird tunnel vision and am very nearly falling asleep at the wheel when I have to drive more than 10 minutes at a time. Since I've started the APAP my AHI has reduced to about 1, but I feel even more fatigued since I've started therapy. I know I've only started therapy, and I wasn't expecting to feel better immediately after starting, but feeling worse is not something I expected.

Any insight is appreciated.

Absolutely I felt like I was slowly dying with mild sleep apnea the doc told me there were moments I had a apnea of over 80 seconds mine were mostly hyponeas but basically I 100% felt like sh*t all the time but I had a strong heart as I did a lot of cardio despite this... CPAP has given me a new life.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 551 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,052 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  AHI of 10 but severe symptoms? gohoos1998 8 489 01-26-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 491 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,107 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Mild OSA, fractured sleep - looking for advice rozlt 1 331 01-01-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.