Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can not Download SD
Can not Download SD
I have a new PC running Windows 10.  Installed ResScan 5.5 and it worked last month.  However, it deleted the 400+ days of data from the SD card. The SD card was not locked when installed.  Now, ResScan 5.5 will not open properly.  The error is The device communication library is required by ResScan...uninstall & re--install ResScan.  I did and no improvement.  Installed 5.7 and the same error.  I can read the old data on the PC but it will not download from the SD card.  Download function is grayed out.  Rescan appears to take forever when opening prior tp displaying the error.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

2nd is there a way to restore the SD card old data so that it is available for the Dr. review?

Thanks
Roger
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can not Download SD
Hi dtech88 - Welcome

Beginning with Windows 8.1 the System Volume Information is written to any attached storage devices to speed up file indexing by default.  Unfortunately, the Resmed S9 DOES NOT like these files.  I have a registry mod file to turn this feature off or on.  Here is the link if you would like it:  Prevent SysVol Info Write

As far as not being able to import your data; Open your File Explorer (Windows Key+E) and make sure the SD card is listed as a drive. (One quick thought: You have tried a reboot?)  One final easy step - Reformat your SD card to a FAT format, then using the "Safely Remove Hardware" option from your SysTray (lower right area with the clock), remove it and let your S9 reformat it with the required structure. This will delete any previous data on the card. You will need to wait a day to get data on it to see if this cleared your problem.

I would highly recommend that your create a dedicated directory on your computer to save the SD card's information in case of a problem like this or for historical data. These cards have been known to fail.  Also, ResScan isn't able to read a computer directory, it only looks for an attached SD card.

Good Luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can not Download SD
Thank you Crimson Nape,

The transition from from XP to Win 10 has been a struggle with many programs and a learning curve for me.  I am not sure I want to defeat the entire Windows file indexing feature just yet.  What has me confused is that the initial installation of ResScan 5.5 worked fine with the exception of writing indexing data to the SD card.  I think this may have resulted in the S9 reformatting and erasing the SD data when it was installed back into the CPAP port.  All that data was loaded into my patient file so it is still available, but not on the SD.  

When I removed the SD card this time I locked it and made a copy on the PC hard drive.  The current 30 days of data should still be clean as removed with no Win 10 indexing data.  However, I still can not read it on ResScan.  There is still the problem of both ResScan 5.5 and 5.7 taking an excessive amount of time to open then reporting the communication library error.  This problem was present after removing 5.5 and installing 5.7.  The first time 5.7 was opened I did not have the SD card installed.  The same thing when the locked SD was installed.  I can still open the previous 400+ days of data but not the last 30 days.  Since I made a copy of this SD I have the option to re-write it back to a reformatted SD.  I am wondering if ResScan will open properly and allow me to download if I unlock this SD, install it in the SD reader port, then open ResScan 5.7.

I suspect will not open properly.  That something is remaining in the registry from ResScan 5.5 that is preventing 5.7 to function properly.  Just a guess on my part but I will try it anyway.  

Any other suggestions out there? 

dtech99
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar 1.5.1 - where to download cc0bc973 stanley61 4 197 02-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 492 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Are older versions of OSCAR available to download? leonking 0 297 11-23-2023, 03:01 PM
Last Post: leonking
  can i download the data of the sd card? ness1125 2 441 10-05-2023, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UNABLE TO DOWNLOAD OSCAR 1.5.0 Greywolfe 1 442 09-07-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  where can I get the download for Encore Basic leshep66 13 809 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Software for Airsense11 download? Gwbrown7 3 1,043 07-31-2023, 01:36 AM
Last Post: FromOZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.