Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can pap use cause wheezing?
Can pap use cause wheezing?
I have been using apap for five months now.  I recently notice that I have a wheeze when I exhale, particularly in the first half of the day.  Have any of you experienced this since commencing pap therapy?

I don't feel a bit sick, so I don't think it's covid or even a cold.  I have had a wheeze before, but it was always after pneumonia or bronchitis, not just out of the blue.  I don't feel any discomfort on the exhale, I just feel a slight bubbly sensation and hear the wheezing sound.

I'm not upset, just wondering if pap therapy is known to cause such a thing.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can pap use cause wheezing?
I am not sure if PAP therapy could be associated with that. Yes I suppose it's possible, but not very likely I'd think. Get it checked by the doc soon. Wheezing and bubbling attributes don't sound like what I'd want describing my breathing.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for responding Dave. I figured I might as well see if anyone here knew of a connection with pap use before I called my doctor.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree, call your doctor and get checked out. It may be nothing at all, but best to have peace of mind.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and best to you that it'll not be some big deal to get it checked out.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wheezing noise n20 with VCom ifsmithy 2 386 12-23-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 making wheezing noise? Normal? tierdal 11 10,577 08-31-2021, 02:52 PM
Last Post: mrmagloo
  [split] CPAP triggering asthma/wheezing? ShhhImSleeping 3 1,350 05-31-2020, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Wheezing? [due to CPAP use?] HalfAsleep 7 3,251 10-09-2017, 12:04 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP machine wheezing sound Tyw7 11 3,847 09-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Tyw7
  CPAP triggering asthma/wheezing? Kris the Crone 25 16,561 07-17-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  [CPAP] "Wheezing" sound from mask Rasseye 10 4,279 01-31-2017, 11:59 PM
Last Post: chill

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.