Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Do all masks fit all hoses for all machines?
Do all masks fit all hoses for all machines?
I know this is probably a very stupid question, but can I try any mask with my current machine? Are they all standard?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Do all masks fit all hoses for all machines?
(03-03-2016, 10:06 PM)Daisylouu Wrote: I know this is probably a very stupid question, but can I try any mask with my current machine? Are they all standard?

Yes, you can use any mask with any machine.
Sleep-well

EDIT: except for heated hoses, which are brand specific.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They all mate to a 22 millimeter hose.
The machine may need to be set tot eh type of mask.

FYI -- this thread and OP should really be in the main forum. This is the product review forum.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty much any hose works with any CPAP machine or CPAP mask.

Some masks have "short" hoses that attach to the mask, but the other end of the short hose attaches to a standard hose.

Even the "slim" hoses have standard size ends and will connect to pretty much any machine. You may need to tell the machine you have a slim hose.

Some machines have an electrically heated hose option. These only work with the machine they're made for.

Some manufacturers will tell you to only use their own brand of mask. This is mostly BS, but the machine may sense airflow and make adjustments a bit better if it knows what mask you're using.

Some older machines had a special hose with a separate pressure sensor hose. These are rare now. However, they had the same sized end connectors.

Some types of hospital equipment like ventilators may have an extra valve at the mask end of the hose. These use an extra hose.

There are some "hospital" masks that aren't vented. It's dangerous to use these with a standard CPAP machine. Unfortunately, the hose will probably fit this mask.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Generally speaking, different brand masks will work with most hoses.

I find that the heated hoses can be a bit more of a pain....my Resmed Climateline hose doesn't like the Respironics masks with the size adapters....they seem to be a hiar smaller diameter and don't get good contact so the hose ends up blowing off fairly easily....but my Slimline hose seems to grab and hold everything.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 92 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.