Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone comment on my SpO2 levels?
Can someone comment on my SpO2 levels?
Hi All

I bought a pulse Oximeter that comes with Spo2 Assistant software and i would just like some input on the numbers i got during sleep last night?

See attached full study report for first 3 hours of sleep

Does this look like Apnea>

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone comment on my SpO2 levels?
Your chart has a few dips in the O2 level a couple of times. Weather that's caused by sleep apnea or a loose connection is anybody's guess. If you want to test for apnea on your own I suggest you order a home sleep testing kit online.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
What Walla Walla said, and also there are other causes for low oxygen saturation not caused by sleep apnea.

Your results for one night look great!  Your O₂ saturation needs to go below 88% and remain there for a few minutes before it would be a concern.  Should that happen, then you would want to note the number of times it dropped so low, and the cumulative or total of all the times it was below 88%.  That's when it's okay to turn on the worry machine.

Hope that helps!
Post Reply Post Reply
The first 2 hours look pretty good, the third hour has some desaturations.
If you pull up the Oximetry Report, what does it say beside the SpO2...Index? That tells you how many desaturations per hour. If it is above 5, that is suggestive of sleep apnea.
It looks to me that you could benefit from a test.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Guys. I have attached the Oximetry report.

It appears to me the Index is 3.7 if i'm looking at the correct number?

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is the number I was referring to.
The test went on for over 9 hrs but was collecting real data for 4.5 so you have a high artifact%.
The Adjusted Index would be the correct number in this case. 7.4
This 'suggests' that you have a very mild case of Sleep Disordered Breathing. You would need a test to confirm.
Why are you investigating? Are you tired or sleepy?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Mogy,

No i don't feel tired throughout the day, most of the time i feel like i have had a good rest too. I do snore loud enough though.

I suppose the main thing that led me down this road is when I first started having some sleep disturbances a few months back.

I could be relaxing late at night casually watching some TV on the recliner and I would close my eyes to go to sleep then after a bit i would wake startled sometimes jumping off the couch.

When it happens in bed i could have just fell asleep and i would feel like my leg or arm move and again i would wake up startled shouting out, on occasion i have a dream where i am in a pool and cant get to the top while struggling for air, then again i would wake startled.

These episodes have subsided for the most part, I mentioned it to my GP and he noted more nightmares and Hypnic jerks, he did mention Apnea as a possibility which is why I have been searching it a bit.

Heres another couple of oximetry's i did a couple of months ago.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,600 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 668 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  SPO2 still falling with CPAP freedom yayy 12 385 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: freedom yayy
  Help on analysing SpO2 drops a21900 9 824 03-02-2024, 12:33 AM
Last Post: Per Laursen
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 673 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 227 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,050 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.