Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone give a general idea what is going on here?
Question 
Can someone give a general idea what is going on here?
I was given (my titration study results) a 15 IPAP / 11 EPAP, then I was given 24 IPAP and 20 EPAP at another, more current study (I used Lunesta) because I didn't sleep much at the one where I was given 15/11. I haven't really had a full night using this Bi-Level Machine because I kind of rip it off my face in the middle the night with out evening knowing each night. I usually get between 15 to 45 min of data/usage (I know thats terrible)

I do get some data from the machine. But based on this data on the pressure ramping, my breathing seems normal (I think) then suddenly gets to prescribed pressure and I start having events.

I will post snippets. It is almost like my breathing is normal at any pressure as long as it is not super high. I have diagnosed that without the machine I get about 31 events per hour.

Does this look like the machine is fixing my apnea at any pressure? What is everyones thoughts on this?

Thanks! And please ask questions if anything isn't clear in my post ha! Appreciate you all  Thanks Coffee

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone give a general idea what is going on here?
Honestly it looks pretty good but incomplete.

We want the left sidebar without the calendar or pie chart.  We need to see the stats and settings.  Also the flow limits chart and leak chart. And for the full night.  If there is something else you question then please post that as well..  a 5 minute zoom, nothing more, will show us how you are breathing so please do that for when you are ripping off your mask
Post Reply Post Reply
I will reply in two replies because I have 4 screenshots. Please let me know if this works. This is the most usage I have had in one night.... this machine does take some getting used to I guess

Other attachment....

Looks like doing two replies really just posts one, but there is a 3 picture limit on the blog here.

Thank you again for checking this out! I look forward to a reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing you are questioning the centrals.

I'm guessing that you have a cyclical pattern resulting from hypo and hyper ventilation.  To confirm please post a zoomed view of the centrals, a 10-20 minute view.

It is also obvious that your flow limits are a bit high and you would benefit from an increase in pressure support.

I'm also guessing that you were lowering PS to minimize the centrals.

I'd suggest you set PS=4 and repost so we can see the effect PS may have on the centrals.

If I am correct you will be balancing between obstructive and central Apneas where you should favor managing the obstructive events.  You are looking for a sweet comfortable spot between them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for you help!
Attached is more zoomed in screenshots. 
Please let me know if you need other screenshots

like Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepMonstor, one of the settings you can leverage to minimize centrals is to change the Trigger Sensitivity from medium, to high or very-high. This causes the machine to trigger to IPAP more easily and can help you to spontaneously trigger a breath. It works for a lot of us to minimize centrals caused by CO2 washout from pressure support.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on my results, what levels should I put those on?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2023, 11:29 AM)Sleeprider,  your reply was very insightful.  I am presently working with a family member that has a roughly equal # of Clear Airway and Obstructive Apnea events.   Their journey began when I noticed on their Garmin watch that their SpO2 dropped into the low eighties during sleep.  I recently changed to an AirSense 11 from an AirSense 10 so I set up the AS 10 for them. However, I did not understand which direction to go with their pressure since ... to me ... these two contrasting event types ... pointed to two different pressure directions.  Now I can focus on setting their  "Trigger Sensitivity from medium, to high or very-high".   Thanks Again PS: I hope future CPAPs have SpO2 sensors. Wrote: Thanks SleepMonstor, one of the settings you can leverage to minimize centrals is to change the Trigger Sensitivity from medium, to high or very-high.  This causes the machine to trigger to IPAP more easily and can help you to spontaneously trigger a breath. It works for a lot of us to minimize centrals caused by CO2 washout from pressure support.
Post Reply Post Reply
Willful, the trigger sensitivity settings are not available on the Airsense 10 or 11 CPAPs, but only on the Aircurve 10 VPAP S or Vauto.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, 

I changed the PS to 4. Here is last night. I got a little over 3 hours of usage (I think!)

Is there a fixed pressure (fixed, non auto IPAP, EPAP) OR range I should change it to based on this?

Any of the "trigger" settings should be changed?

Thanks!

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,985 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  General Issues Lusk 3 339 01-22-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Any idea what's causing such low flow rate? stevew77 1 388 10-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can someone give an opinion on these results ? Gregsleep 11 817 09-20-2023, 11:18 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 502 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tonsillectomy And general anesthesia Jen0628jen 4 465 09-14-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: car54
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,374 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.