Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone help with these 2 charts
Can someone help with these 2 charts
Hello All,

I recently changed to my mask to the Phillips DreamWear FFM because I was getting major problems with the Anti Asphyixia valve on the Resmed AirFit and not sleeping more than an hour or so. My first night I slept 8 hours and had a low AHI but very high the second night, can anyone see if there is a reason?

Thank you in advance,
Brad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone help with these 2 charts
OK, a few things to change and then a new item to consider adding in after you read up on positional apnea.

1. First, let's cut off the Ramp. You're running a static 7 with 45 minutes of Ramp at 4. Ramp is delaying therapy and may at some point let events sneak in during the 45 minutes it's active.
  2. Second, consider adding EPR 3 and going to Auto mode with a 7-11 pressure to see how that helps in feel and in therapy results.
  3. Third, those clusters of events are probably positional apnea where your head and neck bend in such a way to restrict the airway. Read about the positional apnea and the remedy, a soft cervical collar. I have a Wiki link in my signature about soft collars where you may learn about this. If it's positional apnea, no pressure your PAP can create can blow this open.

Let's see what results you get after the edits. But I think a collar will help make a drastic difference.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that your events are positional and are from either chin tucking or sleeping on your back. Your flow limit is excessive. You might do better by setting the EPR to 3 and full time. Increase your pressure to 10 cm. This will provide you an exhale pressure of your current setting of 7 cm. If you can, turn off the ramp. It is just delaying your therapy.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK thanks for the recommendations, I will do as asked for tonight to see if there are changes.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the results of last night, I woke a few times and didn't really like the feel of the increased pressure. Having no ramp was also a little harder to get to sleep, any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Brad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
You will need to give it a few nights for your body to adjust. Your flow limit is still high. This will cause the Resmed to go to its highest set pressure, so don't increase the upper limit for now. In my opinion, the only thing that can reduce the flow limit any further is a bi-level machine, like the Resmed Aircurve VAuto.

Thoughts?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, can you maybe explain what you mean by Flow Limit is high?

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply
Flow limits chart shows your flow limits. A flow limit is an apnea - see the bottom in my signature. They can cause you not to be able to get to a deep sleep or wake you up.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Second night's chart is much improved with the exception of the cluster of events about 23:45 or so. FL/flow limit is a weaker version of an apnea as Stacey has explained. If the FL "grow" then Hypopnea and OA will event counts will be higher, and that means your therapy is less effective and you will not get the rest you need.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the cluster of events at 23:45 was my son ordering pizza at midnight!! I will keep at it and thank you for all the information.

Brad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 372 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,118 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 258 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 678 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 384 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.