Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone look at this please? ResMed software
Can someone look at this please? ResMed software
I downloaded the ResMed software and don't understand the readout, it's a bit more complicated that the sleepyhead. I recently had to have a pacemaker installed because of Afib, and for the next month at least I must sleep on my other side and I have been having trouble doing so, but I want to make sure I am still doing ok. My AhI is 0.8 so that is ok, but I am worried about leaks. I am not sure if it's in line??? I can't lift my arm to put on the chin strap so I used cloth tape to tape my mouth shut. Not sure where the leaks are coming from because the mask is always very quiet, I feel nothing coming from it and the first hour where it shows leaks, I was actually sitting up in bed watching TV and I KNOW it was not leaking.

What is the dark green, the medium green and the light green?

Thanks for taking this stress off me, I have all this new issue to deal with and I don't want the extra of worrying about where I am with the apnea as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone look at this please? ResMed software
Marnid2014,

You've posted the summary data graphs rather than the nightly data graphs.

The green bars are visual indications of the following three numbers (which are in SH) for each night:

Dark Green Bar = the median leak rate for the night.
Medium Green Bar = the 95% leak rate for the night.
Light Green Bar = max leak rate for the night.

On nights where there is no Dark Green Bar, that means your median leak rate for the night was 0.0 L/min. In other words on these nights, the machine could detect NO excessive leak for at least 50% of the night.

The 95% leak rate is the number for which 95% of the data lies AT or BELOW. In other words, if the 95% leak rate is 18 L/min, then for 95% of the night, your leaks were AT or BELOW 18 L/min and for 5% of the night, your leaks were AT or ABOVE 18 L/min.

On the nights where the Medium Green Bar is below the Red Line at 24 L/min, you really have no serious issue with leaks. The max leak rate could be triggered by any number of very short lived events, including struggling to reseat the mask on your face.

On the nights where the Medium Green Bar is above the Red Line, some of the leaks are large enough to be a potential concern. But from the summary data you cannot tell whether the leaks are both large enough and long enough to be of a concern. As a general rule, if Mr. Green Smiley shows up on the machine's Short Sleep Quality Report in the morning, the Resmed engineers are happy enough with the leaks. Mr. Green Smiley shows up when you are leaking AT or BELOW 24 L/min for at least 70% of the entire night.

The nights where Mr Red Frowny is likely to have shown up are then nights where the Dark Green bar (the median leak rate) is highest and is close to the Red Line.

Given the circumstances with your surgery and current inability to easily readjust the mask at night, I'd not worry about leaks unless Mr. Red Frowny is visiting on a very regular basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much. I had a happy face this morning, I always get it, so I guess that is ok.

The data shows:

MEDIAN 15.6
95% 28.8
MAXIMUM 36.

I slept about 8 hours.

I don't understand where the leaks are coming from, there is nothing coming out from my nose, I use nasal pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
The leaks are probably occurring when you are sound asleep and you're just sleeping right through them. Perhaps your mouth opens up very slightly. Perhaps you jostle the mask very slightly. At some point, you wake up just enough to either shut the mouth or reset the pillows and then you go right back to sleep and don't even remember the incident in the morning.

But the leaks are well enough under control where you don't need to fix them as long as you are sleeping through them. So focus your attention on recovering from the pacemaker surgery, but check for Mr. Red Frowny on a daily basis. If he starts showing up on a regular basis, then it's time to worry about leaks. Until that happens, don't worry about the leaks unless they're waking you up and you can't get back to sleep quickly.
Post Reply Post Reply
What they said.

Your leaks are a very little high (it would be preferable to have the medium green bars mostly down below the red line).

Might be worth tracking the source, but you are getting good therapy and if the leaks aren't bothering your sleeps on their one then it's no big deal.

Likely it is your mouth since it is not waking you up.

Try lightly taping your mouth, just enough to let you know if you open it, more as a SIGN than as a preventative measure. If the leaks go down or you wake up with the tape undone you can pretty well prove it is your mouth that is leaking.

Also, note, while MAX leaks are not really very useful, you might just remove them by the following simple method: Put on your mask, plug in your hose, turn on your machine. Reverse this in the morning or whenever you rise: Machine off, unplug hose, then remove the mask.

Most of those max leaks are probably due to just having the hose wide open or the mask off with the machine running.

They aren't important but it just bugs me to see them on *MY* chart.

Obviously, those unimportant max leaks do contribute to your 95% and median so they obscure your actual data for those more important numbers.

BOTTOM LINE: If you are getting good treatment and the leaks themselves are not disturbing your sleep then they don't much matter.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a chin strap for about 4 months and a few nights ago, I wanted to try and see if I still needed it or if I could do without it (summer will be here soon and if I can get away without it I want to). At any rate, on the nights I have not been using the chin strap, my leaks are lower, my pressure, both IPAP and EPAP, are lower. Not sure why but I will definitely take it!
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually taped my mouth shut last night with paper tape so I would not open my mouth, the tape stayed on so I am not convinced it's the mouth. I can't raise my arms above my head for a while to put on the chin strap. I am going to change the pillow back to the small instead of xsmall to see if that helps tonight. Everyone, thank you so much. I am just so overwhelmed with all this new health garbage, the Afib came out of nowhere, a pacemaker, new drugs, Coumadin and the rest, is just too much. My AHI was 0.8 and I had a green smile face as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2014, 10:39 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I actually taped my mouth shut last night with paper tape so I would not open my mouth, the tape stayed on so I am not convinced it's the mouth. I can't raise my arms above my head for a while to put on the chin strap. I am going to change the pillow back to the small instead of xsmall to see if that helps tonight. Everyone, thank you so much. I am just so overwhelmed with all this new health garbage, the Afib came out of nowhere, a pacemaker, new drugs, Coumadin and the rest, is just too much. My AHI was 0.8 and I had a green smile face as well.

sorry for everything you are going through. it is tough to be slammed with a lot all at once. just a thought. If you have a chin strap where there is Velcro or something similar to that, can you put the Velcro on the left side and you can use your right arm to Velcro it? OR, maybe you can put in new pillow cushions or try a different size pillow cushion (as you mention in your post) to see if that is where your leaks are coming from. But, as long as your AHI is under control, your leaks are under control, you are sleeping and feeling as well as you can after having surgery, I wouldn't focus on more than getting well from your surgery. Overwhelming yourself will not help things and you have enough to be concerned with right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
To stress a point that Herb said...

How and when do you turn your machine on? How and when do you turn your machine off? If you turn it on, *then* put on your mask - you'd have a BIG leak from the moment you turned on the machine, until the mask was resting correctly on your face. If you want the 'MAX' leaks to go down - this is usually the cause. Putting on or taking off the mask with the machine running.

You *could* have a small leak in the hose.

As stated above, minor random leaks can happen while you are sleeping - the hose gets pulled while you move - simply 'twitching' your nose, etc can cause a momentary leak.

I like to look at the long graphs myself, so you can see how often and how long the spikes are above the red line. The stuff 'below' the red line is not very important - Yes, less is always better! But your AHI is so wonderful, the leaks would have to be really bad "red frowny face" to even be a concern.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
I am careful to make sure I turn the machine on after I have the mask on, and also to turn it off when I get up to the restroom, I just turn off the machine, although it's hard to get up with only one arm so that MIGHT be what is going on. I also just keep the mask on and pull the short hose off and then reconnect and restart the machine. Would it be helpful to just put on the mask while I am watching TV sitting up to see if there are any leaks that are appearing while I am not tossing about? I am also switching out the nasal pillow tonight to the small rather than the x small just in case that could be the problem. Thanks everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,124 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 381 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Lowenstein Software shawsg 2 585 09-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Last Post: shawsg
  AirSense 11 Stopped Transmitting ?Related to Software Update? YankeeLaker 57 7,079 08-19-2023, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jijididit
  Lumis 100 and correct software for reading a sleep data?? doognibor 3 641 08-08-2023, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Dire
  AirSense 11 water / humidity / software incident rpierce 5 1,196 07-31-2023, 08:53 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.