Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0
Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0
Last night wasn't a great night of sleep, I woke up several times feeling like I wasn't get enough oxygen. I had to get up, let my heart settle and then go back to sleep, but it would happen again.

I purposely shut the machine off right around 1:40AM and turned it back on to create a flag for me because that was one of the times. There were a few others. Part of the night I took the mask off and went back to sleep, but woke up feeling breathless so put the mask back on. 

I'm not sure what was going on, I did go for a 3 mile fast hilly walk before bed, but I've exercised many many times before bed. I don't know. 

I did increase my pressure before bed from 8.2 to 8.8. Could that have done it?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0
It could have been the fast 3 mile hilly walk and a "one off" situation.  Your minimum pressure gets down in the 4's at night.  That may be causing you to feel "air starved" at times (and causing this feeling).  

You can try raising your min pressure up a little bit to maybe 6 or 7 (or even start slow with 5 and go up by 0.2 increments).  Most adults will feel air starved at a pressure of 4 or 5.   Hopefully you can still fall asleep with a higher min pressure.  It kicks up into the 8's when you are asleep.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0
Set minimum pressure 7.0, maximum pressure 10.0, EPR on Full-Time at setting 3. This will give you bilevel pressure starting at 7.0/4.0 (inhale/exhale) and up to 10.0/7.0. This will eliminate flow limits and the feeling of air starvation. You're going to like it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for that.
I did have a min of 5 a week ago or so, I think I'll switch it back to that, thanks for the suggestion.
What I don't understand is though is, I woke up at 1:40AM feeling breathless and turned the machine off and then back on so it would drop the pressure back to 4.8. I felt air starved before after that too. Something weird was going on around 1:30AM, it looks like I was breathing fast and deep, maybe hyperventilating? Maybe that caused me to wake up feeling breathless.

I feel sorta okay this morning, but not great.

Thanks SleepRider! I'll try that!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feeling like I cannot breathe vgrando 111 9,249 25 minutes ago
Last Post: vgrando
  [CPAP] I'm new to all of this, and feeling a little overwhelmed. Facing 2 issues right now. VanillaSkyCrawler 6 144 04-26-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: VanillaSkyCrawler
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 3 261 04-24-2024, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 499 04-19-2024, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 184 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  Woke up choking, concerned about vents michael7 2 178 04-09-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: michael7
  ResMed VAuto single beep at times? k888 4 173 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.