Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone review this SleepyHead data?
RE: Can someone review this SleepyHead data?
(05-26-2017, 10:14 AM)apneahead1234 Wrote: Here's some more detail.  My machine is a DSX500H11.

I want to be clear that I've put the pressure on 6-15 previously and that hasn't helped.  I don't know why my doctor would want the pressure to go back to 5, but they said that is what worked in the titration study, and they said it was most effective if it was set to a fixed number.  Why would they say that if it wasn't true?

I'm sorry I seem so delirious.  This is about the worst thing that has happened to me in a long time.

Hi apneahead,
Welcome, almost everyone here can relate to not getting sleep. It is quite possible that someone here can help you with your issues. I notice that you said you tried your machine at 6-15, do you have data for those nights? If so post the charts from those nights. Make sure the graphs for flow rate, pressure, and leak rate are showing, use this guide for what to include in your screen shot. How to organize your data.

Thanks,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi apneahead1234,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I’m sure sorry you are having such a rough time, but you have come to the right place for help.
I wish you good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post and don’t give up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I would set it on auto 5-20 and let's see where it goes. Smile
then adjust the minimum to 1cm under the medium/median over a week and you can sort the max out after that, to 1cm above the max you go to.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Give the large number of obstructive events at 5 cm, I would go back to auto mode at 7-14 and see what happens. You are clearly in self-titration mode, and using fixed pressure at too low setting is not going to provide the information and direction you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So far in this thread no one seems to have asked the "flex" question, so here goes. What is the setting for flex? you have a choice of (OFF, 1, 2, or 3)

If you want to make a change but not as suggested in previous posts because it seems too radical, no problem. if I had the data you present, I would try flex setting of OFF or 1, and wait a couple days. Then, depending on if results are still high in H and the OA score is still above 1, I would adjust pressure to 5.5, and wait a couple days.

You have the keys. Good sleeping!

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Per the posted chart, she is in fixed CPAP mode at 5 cmH2O with no EPR.  
Hopefully we will see a chart with a range posted later today and we can suggest a better treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The OP does have a fixed CPAP mode selected, but the machine allows flex in the fixed CPAP mode.
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the main thing is some more pressure for the hyponemia. Auto mode should show us.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Running your Apap in Cpap mode with a setting of 5 isn't doing you any favors.

Even in Apap mode, a Phillips Respironics machine is slower to raise pressure than a ResMed machine.

You need a higher pressure to treat the hypopneas and rera's.

I know you've received alot of advice here, but instead of us guessing at your settings, please post a graph when you were using Apap mode.  This way we have something to by.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,024 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 332 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 716 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 527 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.