Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone take a look at my SH charts?
RE: Can someone take a look at my SleepyHead charts?
@Sleeprider

I've been trying 6cm pressure like you suggested but I've found that my AHI is slightly higher. I was wondering if it'd be worth going the other direction and dropping it to 4cm to see how it affects my AHI.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
During the first twenty minutes there, you had a boatload of centrals. Do you think you were asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo
I was probably awake. Out of interest, how does the machine distinguish between obstructive and central apneas?
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep onset centrals are not too unusual, but I don't think your primary problem is actually obstructive apnea. I agree with Dormeo that the sleep onset cluster is probably sleep-wake-junk that is over and done within 10 minutes of starting your session. I don't think reducing pressure is the best course because as soon as the centrals end, flow limitation picks up with RERA, and flow limits are present through the night. It's possible you would benefit from some enhanced expiratory rebreathing space (EERS), but it is not available commercially and is kind of an off-label approach to the kinds of events you are experiencing. Your overall AHI is about half of what is shown on this chart, excluding hte events in the first 10 minutes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please post some close-up images of the flow rate when you're having those central apneas and when you're not having any events.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
@JoeyWallaby
Close up of previous chart and the following night at around the same time.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Need closer than that and not the beginning where you're falling asleep.
Nothing I post is medical advice and should not be taken as such, always consult a medical professional for guidance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Joey, what are you trying to see? I don't think the flow rate wave is going to be particularly diagnostic in this case where the trend for CA events is diminishing, and OA events are slightly increasing in time at a fixed pressure of 6.0. It appears to me that the thrapy we are looking at will eventually stabilize, and based on this example, we can discard nearly 50% of the CA events as sleep onset transition apnea. I'm just curious where you are going with this analysis.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just curious mainly, yes, hopefully it stabilizes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 102 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 372 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,118 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 258 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for advice on my charts tiredguy1 10 678 01-26-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: tiredguy1
  Help reading Oscar Charts Wisurid 3 384 12-25-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.