Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone take a look at this Sleepy Head Data?
RE: Can someone take a look at this Sleepy Head Data?
(09-11-2016, 02:52 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your images on Instagram are private and cannot be viewed by me. If you follow the instructions posted by OpalRose, then those images would be accessible.

Which model of Airsense 10 do you have? Is it the Elite or Autoset?

I just changed the privacy settings to open. If this doesn't work I will add them to Imgur. It was an effort getting them on here.

I have the Autoset.

https://www.instagram.com/crezzzman/?hl=en
Post Reply Post Reply
Still need to know which model Resmed you are using, Elite or Autoset.

Images work, but not much information. It looks like your AHI is less than 1.5. If you're sleeping comfortably, no need to do anything with the machine settings.

It would really help if you would organize your charts as described here http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization Specifically, close the calendar by clicking on the minimization arrow, and include the summary statistics. Resize and organize the charts as described in the tutorial. The image is automatically copied to your Sleepyhead documents folder when you click F10 or the Mac equivalent. It's going to look like this.

[Image: shchartordex.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Still need to know which model Resmed you are using, Elite or Autoset.

Autoset

The image is automatically copied to your Sleepyhead documents folder when you click F10 or the Mac equivalent.

I have tried the F keys for Mac none of them work.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, Mac OS grabs the function keys. Use the menu: View - Take Screenshot. Or install an app like Skitch which is very using for taking screenshots and annotating them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it and put it on Imgur.

This is the largest size of it I could find.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Admfi

Post Reply Post Reply
This one is slightly larger

https://imgur.com/gallery/bJjci
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2016, 04:00 PM)crezman Wrote: Still need to know which model Resmed you are using, Elite or Autoset.

Autoset

The image is automatically copied to your Sleepyhead documents folder when you click F10 or the Mac equivalent.

I have tried the F keys for Mac none of them work.

Thanks. Your machine is an auto-CPAP that is current set to fixed CPAP mode. If you want, you can change the mode in the provider settings. To do that, you would need to open the provider menu by pushing the control knob and Home button at the same time, then scrolling to mode. It will say CPAP. Press the control knob and select Autoset. You will now be able to set both a minimum and maximum pressure. You should use 8.0 for a minimum and the maximum is not so important, so could be up to 20. If you do this, the machine will self-adjust to block obstructive apnea, and will reduce pressure when you don't need it.

There is no reason for you to change the mode or settings, because you are reasonably well-treated, however you may find Autoset mode to be more comfortable, because it reduces pressure when you are not having obstructed breathing, including snores and flow limits. However, it may also increase pressure above the 10 cm you're currently using. Auto settings can help you to fine-tune your titration, and you can decide if you're more comfortable with fixed or auto-adjusted CPAP.

You should request the manual for your machine, following the instructions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-11-2016, 04:00 PM)crezman Wrote: Still need to know which model Resmed you are using, Elite or Autoset.

Autoset
The posted image, though, says Phillips Resperonics Dreamstation. Did SleepyHead make a mistake?. The machine model and feature nomenclature can be confusing when starting out. I know from experience Smile . If you are using the PR machine, you can still adjust the settings per Sleeprider's advice, but the parameters may be named a little differently. You may want to peruse the manual, but post back if help is needed with the menu.

-Ron

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely has the Dreamstation Auto. Same comments apply, but the Clinical menu access is pushing the control knob and ramp button.

On second thought, it seems you probably should stay out of the clinical settings. Ask your doctor or provider if you can start using the Auto CPAP settings. I think using your current fixed pressure setting of 8.0 as a minimum, and letting the auto feature try to deal with the snores, flow limits and H and OA events is the way to go.

Change your profile to Respironics Dreamstation Auto, and request the manual (follow link at top of page).
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead must have made a mistake. I just Googled the Philips model and my machine looks nothing like that.

I could pretty much tell that the SleepyHead data showed everything looked good because the numbers were so low in comparison to everything else.

This confirms what my doctor has been saying. That was all I really wanted to know.

I don't think I need to change anything; what she is saying so far seems correct.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 374 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 342 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,101 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 497 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Top of the head tubing connection problems GaspForAir 2 462 09-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Nightynite

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.