Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
RE: Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
Assuming that some mistake made it stop recording after 32 seconds, I decided to delete the data. When I hit delete data, it brings up a box that says "Device does not support that feature."   When I hit "clear user data," I get the same result.

Let me ask this: I know you're not doctors, but is it possible I have OSA if, since sleeping in a recliner, I have not had any incidents of waking abruptly gasping for breath? I have zero daytime symptoms and actually have a lot of stamina and energy; never feel tired or fatigued. 

My only definite symptom of suspicion is waking up two to three times a night to urinate.

There are family crises ongoing that currently preclude me from getting a sleep study. So in the meantime I'm trying to figure things out on my own. Blood pressure is on the low side. HR is normal.

I sleep with my mouth closed, if that helps. I know this for a fact because whenever I awaken in the night, my lips are sealed shut the way they were before I fell asleep.

UPDATE: I just recorded my O2 for 70 seconds. When I go through all the steps, it brings up the COM3 thing, and then I go from there, and it brings up the box to check -- and it shows the 70 seconds. So this tells me that I successfully over-wrote the 32 seconds' data. However, it dead ends here just the same. I am not able to call up the data for that 70 seconds. I still get that damn grey box that asks if I want the data, and when I hit "OK" the box disappears. There is never any import bar.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go into File | Open File, is there anything there? By default that opens the otherwise hidden files imported to your C:/ drive, which you can't normally see in Windows (another ridiculous deficiency of this program).

The files are really small in size, about 60 KB, but I remember importing a whole night's data took several long seconds (almost 30) of watching the progress bar. Perhaps importing such a short session imported in a wink of an eye. Then I got your famous "Finish receiving the data!"  Wink box and clicked OK.

So try going into go into File | Open File. Your imported data, albeit for a very short session, may have been there all along. Perhaps even data from previous sessions may be there, too. In any case, how about trying again to record a whole night's data tonight and importing that tomorrow?
Post Reply Post Reply
When I go to the tag "File" and then "Open file," it only shows all the folders on my desktop. So I guess there's nothing there. I'll do another overnight recording soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
By default, File | Open File should point to (C:) | Program Files (x86) | SpO2 Assistant V3.0.3 | Data, not your desktop. If necessary, browse it back to the default location I've put in bold above. Perhaps you'll be able to see your imported files there.

[Image: YKLAYkb.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
It's nowhere to be seen. When I go to File, Open File, it shows what's on my desktop, which includes "Computer." Under Computer are sub-files:
Local disk
HP tools
DVD RW drive
HP recovery
Local disk

None of these open to "data" or anything, and in fact, a few open to nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to My computer-at the top click tools- select folder options-click view-select show hidden file-folders-drives then click OK.

You should now see what your looking for.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
One of those "Local disk" choices, probably the first one, should be your C: drive. Double click on it and you should see a bunch of folders, etc., including the Program files folder, which may or may not have an x86 appended to its name. Double click that folder and in it you should find another list of folders, including the one for SpO2 Assistant V3.0.3. Next, double click that to open it and you should find the Data folder, which you double click to reveal where the program saves your imported oximetry files by default.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepish,

I was able to find the "Data" folder per your steps, and the following images are what happens when I further continue opening:

https://i.imgur.com/Pn1YDEj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JW04jsj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AEuVaXv.jpg

As you can see, none of it makes sense since they are just endless lists of the same values, even though it appears to be over milliseconds. A millisecond-by-millisecond display is very cumbersome, and I can't believe this program would do it this way. And the third image showing my oxygen at 127 and my HR at 255. We know these numbers can't possibly be real.

And the "user 1 1" boxes that are clear, when I double click those, a box shows that says windows can't open this file.
Post Reply Post Reply
You found 'em! Well-done

The files that end in .SpO2 are your imported oximetry reports. The first part of those .SpO2 files is the date and time information.

Those are the ones you want to open. I notice in your 1st screenshot you seem to have found them with Windows. Instead, you should browse to them, locate them and open those files from within the SpO2 Assistant program from File | Open File, and then you'll see your oximetry data in graphic formats and detailed info within the SpO2 Assistant program.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did what you said and it opened the five files up. But they don't make sense. First off, the time line appears to be in milliseconds.

Secondly, in all five of the data items to open up, the red oxygen level bar is below 90. 

However, these are the readings I took recently WHILE AWAKE at my computer, where I clearly saw the oxygen level reading on the device show as 96 percent.

The one that I took weeks ago when I was asleep, I had deleted several days ago because someone said that the screens that I sent, indicated that it recorded for only 18 seconds.

So why are the recent awake recordings showing below 90, when I saw 94 to 96 on the device?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 159 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 214 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 138 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.