Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
RE: Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
So you'll probably want to record another overnight session and import that to work with at this point. You might want to do that tonight then import it tomorrow.

[Image: bV4sJWS.jpg]

The blue line at the top of this sample of mine is the oxygen saturation level (SpO2) and normally it should be in the 90s.

The red broken line is there in the chart before your data is imported and it indicates the 88% SpO2 level you don't normally want your blue line to dip below for too long.

The green line is your Pulse Rate, in beats per minute.

The time indicated on the x-axis (across the bottom) is in chunks of 10 minutes, with a little midway mark at every 5 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, that really clears it up. I'll be taking a new recording very soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to record last night and couldn't fall asleep. However I decided to use the awake recording to practice seeing if I could access it. The recording was long enough to show the green progress bar as the data was uploaded. But when I went into File, then Open File, all that pulls up is just a template of the graph, even though the name of the file has yesterday's date. The device clearly was set to "Record" and was on my finger the whole time. So why doesn't anything show on the graph?
Post Reply Post Reply
From the Report menu at the top, you can choose among:
  • Summary Report
  • Full Study Report
  • Oximetry Report
  • Strip Chart Reporting
Which one is selected in your case? With your report file opened, try them all to see the report format you wish.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I click the "Report" tab and see the drop-down selections, none of them are clickable. However, the strip chart report selection has a default check mark.

Since I had been able to previously view the previous recording, it would seem that the "Report" selection was already in place, and that something else was wrong that was preventing me from seeing the data on my awake recording.
Post Reply Post Reply
The selections under the Report menu only become clickable after you've open a file. Try opening a file first.
Post Reply Post Reply
It worked!

I was rather tired so decided to try recording again during sleep; quickly fell asleep, then woke up two hours later and removed the device.

Only twice during the entire time does the blue line fall below 90: it's 89 and 88, and the corresponding HR is 62 and 67, respectively. The rest of the time the bar is mostly at the 92 percent mark. Lots of 93's and 91's, but seems to be mostly at 92, and also a smaller amount of just 90. At one point it's 96, but the corresponding HR is in the 60s.

As I went to bed it was 97 and lowered once I got settled into bed.

HR is consistently in the 60s throughout, with some points in the high 50s. At one point it's 77, but the corresponding oxygen is 91. Another point it's 73 (oxygen 93). Those are the only two points where my HR is in the 70s.

My understanding is that disordered breathing events cause spike in HR -- but a high rate.

So I'm wondering if I had an event where the oxygen is 88 and 89, even though the HR is low at that point.

I'm going to take another recording but this time for longer, but I figured that if I had OSA, two hours would be enough to show events.

I know you're not doctors, but does anyone have an opinion about 1) that one instance of O at 88? and 2) Why it's mostly only 92-93 throughout? Unless our O consumption naturally lowers while we're asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbs-up-2 Banana  Well-done Banana Thumbs-up-2

Excellent, I'm really glad you got it to work!

I'm not a physician, so you should probably have one look at your data, but to the layman it looks basically OK. Screenshots might help see. I also think your idea of trying it for longer and a few more times is good, since it will give you more data to work with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my last post of a while ago, I've made several attempts to record for the first few hours of sleep. During those times I fell asleep, then awakened about two and a half hours later and removed the device (it's uncomfortable).

But in each case (about four or five attempts), there is NO data recorded, maybe only a few seconds.

Yet when I record while sitting at the computer for a few minutes, and then go through the uploading procedure, those few minutes DO show, oxygen level and heart rate during those sample few minutes. I've done THIS several times too, and each time it works.

I cannot figure out what's going wrong when I lie down to sleep. I thought it might be because a blanket is over my finger so that the flashing red light doesn't disrupt my sleep. However, I'm not in bed yet when I put on the device, and it takes a few minutes to get into my sleeping position, and during that time, of course, the finger is not covered. Yet even THAT time does not get recorded.

Nevertheless I tested my theory while at the computer, finger under my shirt in darkness, yet the device recorded.

I go through the same steps before bed as I do during my sample recordings at the computer, and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you following the step-by-step instructions for overnight recording (from the PDF here)?

Quote:CMS-50D Plus RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS

STEP 1: PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO TURN THE OXIMETER ON.
STEP 2: PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN TO GO INTO THE SETTINGS
 MENU.  
STEP 3: PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON UNTIL RECORD SHOWS
ON.
STEP 4: PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AGAIN AND THE ARROW WILL BE
 NEXT TO EXIT
STEP 5: PRESS AND HOLD THE POWER BUTTON AND THE OXIMETER WILL
 SHOW THE OXYGEN LEVEL AND HEART RATE WITH A FLASHING
 DOT IN THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER
STEP 6: AFTER A FEW SECONDS THE OXYGEN LEVEL AND HEART RATE
 WILL GO AWAY AND THE FLASHING DOT WILL BE THE ONLY THING
 ON THE DISPLAY.   THIS IS SO THE BRIGHT LIGHTS DO NOT DISTURB
 YOU WHILE TRYING TO SLEEP.   IF YOU HIT THE POWER BUTTON
 NOW, THE DISPLAY WILL SHOW RECORDING.  IF YOU PRESS AND
 HOLD THE POWER BUTTON, THE DISPLAY WILL SHOW YOUR
 OXYGEN LEVEL AND HEART RATE FOR A FEW MORE SECONDS.

PLEASE NOTE: ONCE STARTING A NEW RECORDING ALL PREVIOUS DATA
WILL BE LOST

ONCE YOU FINISH RECORDING:

STEP 1: TAKE THE OXIMETER OFF.  (DO NOT TURN RECORD OFF YET!)

OPEN THE SPO2 REVIEW SOFTWARE.
STEP2: CONNECT THE OXIMETER TO THE COMPUTER VIA USB CABLE.
STEP3: HIT THE MAGNIFYING GLASS ICON AND PRESS NEW SESSION AND  
ENTER YOUR INFORMATION.   THE SCREEN SHOWS DEVICE
CONNECTED: WAITING FOR DATA.
STEP 4: PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO GO INTO THE SETTINGS MENU.  THE
 ARROW WILL BE NEXT TO RECORD ON.  
STEP 5: PRESS THE POWER BUTTON AND HOLD UNTIL IT SHOWS RECORD
 OFF. YOUR DATA WILL BE UPLOADED INTO THE SPO2 REVIEW  
SOFTWARE.  YOU CAN NOW GO INTO THE SOFTWARE AND HIT THE
TOOLS BUTTON IF YOU WANT TO ADJUST THE PARAMETERS OF
YOUR READING.
STEP 7: PRESS THE PRINT ICON AND YOU CAN CHOOSE THE TYPE OF
REPORT THAT YOU WANT.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 135 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 286 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 291 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 296 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 189 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 345 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,709 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.