Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
RE: Can't Figure Out How to Upload Oximetry Data
Sorry if this is completely stupid but have you turned on the oximeter?  It must be connected and turned on.  I know you have done this but not sure what else could be going on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought it was "on" simply by being connected to the computer via the cord it comes with. There's no "on" or "off" button for the thing; as you know it turns on only when it senses a finger in it. So next time I try it I will put my finger in it and see if this triggers the correct response when I click the "Connect Device" icon in the Spo2 Assistant program. Stay tuned...
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2017, 09:25 PM)Mogy Wrote: Hi K.L.
I had problems with my oximeter when it first got it.
It has to be ON to download data, but it  automaticaly turns off.
My solution is to put my finger in it to keep it on while I download the data.

Exactly what worked for me. Kind of goofy Crazy to have to do this, but at least it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I would just press the button on the oximeter to make the  the menu show up and it would stay on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oximeter must be both connected AND turned on.  Being ON and how to turn it ON varies with oximeter design.  Regardless must be on or computer won’t know it is there.  Kind of standing silently by closed door waiting for someone to open it or on telephone and not speaking.

Good luck and let us know how it worked out
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn the oximeter on and then press the button once so the menu displays where you can stop and start recording then the application will be able to see it. No need to stick your finger in anywhere
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2017, 02:01 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Turn the oximeter on and then press the button once so the menu displays where you can stop and start recording  then the application will be able to see it. No need to stick your finger in anywhere

Just tried it. Right you are.

Great-info
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2017, 08:28 PM)Sheepish Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 02:01 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Turn the oximeter on and then press the button once so the menu displays where you can stop and start recording  then the application will be able to see it. No need to stick your finger in anywhere

Just tried it. Right you are.

Great-info
Okay Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm still away from home so haven't had a chance to try anything, but I'm pretty sure I had already pushed the button multiple times to get it to display, while it was connected to the computer, and still a dead end with the SpO2 program. But I will definitely have my finger in it next time I'm home...which I don't know when that will be.

Still away from home; haven't had a chance to try these suggestions, though I'm sure I had the unit activated (screen lit up) while it was connected to the computer, but still the dead ends. I don't know when I'll be home but I will definitely try it with my finger in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there a way to insert an image that's not a website link?

When I click the "Insert an image" option here, it pulls up a box asking for an URL.

I just took six screenshots of what I see when I work with the Sp02 program, and have them as images on my desktop.

I thought I'd be able to then attach these to the forum here. But I can't find where to do that.

I have no idea how to convert desktop images to an URL.

????
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 78 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Data upload incomplete in OSCAR Ravengrad898 4 213 03-11-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 136 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,630 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  CMS50I can't upload multiple readings chris mdp 0 212 02-15-2024, 02:20 AM
Last Post: chris mdp

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.