Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't add Resmed AirCurve to MyAir app
Can't add Resmed AirCurve to MyAir app
Hi All,

I can't add my AirCurve 10 to the MyAir app for some reason - it says only Airsense 10 is supported by myAir app.

Tried changing regions and that doesn't seem to work.  

The sticker on the device says supported by myAir, what am I missing here ?

Thanks !
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't add Resmed AirCurve to MyAir app
Hello. I noticed that you are an Asian user, is your location in Asia? myAir has several versions in the Google Play Store, and if you're buying the machine at a local dealership, then maybe you need the Asian version of myAir. The name I remember seems to be "myAir™ Asia by ResMed™".
My statement may not be accurate, and the most accurate answer may have to be obtained from your dealer.
Post Reply Post Reply
The older AirCurve 10's had a 3G cell phone modem. When 3G was shut down, it was no longer possible for the AirCurve to communicate with myAir. Look on the back of your machine (don't spill the water in the humidifier tank) at the IC number. If it ends with CDMA you have a 3G modem. If the IC number ends with 4G then I don't know what th problem could be.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Some of the newer AirCurve 10's came in the Card-to-Cloud (C2C) version so there is no cellular modem to transmit the data.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2022, 10:09 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Some of the newer AirCurve 10's came in the Card-to-Cloud (C2C) version so there is no cellular modem to transmit the data.

If it's one of the units that has no modem, but has a sticker on it that says it's supported by myAir, then that is lame.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-27-2022, 09:39 AM)Sleepster Wrote: If it's one of the units that has no modem, but has a sticker on it that says it's supported by myAir, then that is lame.

IIRC ResMed had put inserts in the user manual paperwork noting that the unit was not compatible with MyAir or Airview and the patient would need to bring the SD card to their Dr. Not sure if the machine labels stayed the same or not. My guess is that those C2C units were "new -old stock" sitting around in a warehouse somewhere. They likely couldn't get the comm chips for either the 11 or 10 series. Either way they managed to get some machines distributed during the shortage.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I never waste time or energy looking at MyAir. The summary info it provides is pretty worthless for reviewing data and optimizing therapy.  OSCAR is far and away the better way to see how you're doing and what changes, if any, may be appropriate. There are many knowledgeable folks on the forum who can help interpret the detailed information OSCAR provides. Personally, I wouldn't spend another minute trying to connect with MyAir.
Post Reply Post Reply
myAir can be used to send compliance data to your doctor. It offers a cursory review of some of your data that some people find useful. It's also accessible remotely, any place you have web access.

It's no substitute for OSCAR when it comes to reviewing your data and making adjustments, but eventually further adjustments are not usually needed.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
I got a similar message in setting up my AirCurve. Just ignore what it says and go ahead and put in the numbers. Despite what it said, it worked fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2022, 02:22 PM)RainbowFish Wrote: I got a similar message in setting up my AirCurve.  Just ignore what it says and go ahead and put in the numbers.  Despite what it said, it worked fine.

Same for me. When I first read the OP I didn't think of this, but it could be the issue.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 550 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 203 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,232 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.