- the sound machine seems to make a big difference (in the past I never like the sound machines, and my wife is giving me the I told you so speech - she suggested it in the first week). But it is nice I'm not able to hear myself breathe through the machine as much.
- larger pillows - much better on the breathing, I feel like I can get into a more relaxed state quicker with the larger pillows. I still wake up, and feel some difficulty inhaling, but can usually get relaxed after a couple minutes (With the medium pillows I just felt I had problems overall (inhaling and exhaling) and could not really pinpoint the concern. Hopefully the nasal mask will make it that much better.
- now for the strange trial. I put two small pieces of medical tape over my mouth last night. It was a little strange but not to bad. My leak rate last night was 0. Yes 0. It was averaging between 18-24 l/hr before last night. I am thinking by doing this it may help me adjust quckier. Usually I wake up after a period of mouth breathing (waking me up or my wife waking me up). Last night was different. I woke up with a small hyper ventilating feeling. I was then able to relax some and go back to sleep. At first I used the chin strap and tape. - but the last two hours just tape. I think I prefer the tape over the chin straps
I was also able to get to the store today and got good news.
- I explained how my A10 CPAP only gave compliance data and what I really wanted was the Elite model. They didn't really believe me at first (that the data reporting was different between the two). The rep told them there was only a small difference between the two so they never carried the Elite model. They said since I was renting to own they can order an Elite and next week I can pay the difference. Then I can get the detailed data
- also picked up a WISP nasal mask to try for a week. I'm hoping for good things with the WISP.
I have my follow up with the Dr next week. Hopefully I can tell him things are improving. Otherwise we might need to try increasing the pressure (like what was suggested)
Again thanks for all the support.