Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated!
RE: Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated!
After waiting since June 14th for an answer from my fourth DME he informed me today he can order me a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto, but went on to tell me he would prefer to order me a DreamStation as their Resmed rep won't ever stop by. He said if he did order me a Resmed, he would not sell any Resmed supplies so I would have to source them elsewhere. I explained my Sleepyhead report tells me every morning I am having major mask leaks  and talk to my DME or doctor about a new mask. I have already tried 8 masks (6 are Respironics) I would need to try others.

He was the third tech that told me he has over a thousand patients and didn't have time to bring in non Respironics or Fisher & Pakel masks. It's no damn wonder people give up on Cpap. I have one more DME in this region and then I will have to drive 100 miles one way to the next major city. I'm not even sure if Medicare will pay for service from another state. Thank God for the help I have been given on Sleepyhead or I would have quit Cpap a long time ago. Thanks for lending an ear. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to let you know that I can totally feel your pain as I am in the same boat as well as many other people . 

I agree with the other post that a good bass for you might be the f10 or 20 with liners.

Quattro  sounds good but I have not tried it yet 

I don’t know if you have access to a sleep technician, but that would be the best place to go .

Everyone in regards to the F 20 out of touch that is the memory foam one. I looked online and it says it should not get wet .

The other F 20 is the one that can get wet .

Last check your insurance because often times they won’t replace everything until six months but a lot of times to replace the cushions sooner 

Good luck and keep up the fight
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, you can actually get the F20 Touch wet -- you can gently wash it with Dawn dish soap, pat it dry, and leave to air dry.

I used the quattro for years, but had to use mask liners to get a seal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mouchet, thanks for your post. Appreciate your comments. In my post I mentioned trying 8 masks. Six were Respironics and the other two (actually 3) was the Quattro and F20's, both the silicone and the foam. I am sure I can adjust to wear most any mask, but I keep getting the morning welcome telling me my mask is leaking way too much or I have major leaks. It says to see my technician but unfortunately I don't have one. I seem to go through DME's like I do masks. The ones here are too overwhelmed or just lazy. Maybe both. 

If it weren't for Sleepyhead and their help I would not be on Cpap therapy today. Sometimes I get down on myself and put all the blame on me. I do follow the advise I receive on Sleepyhead but we all must remember we are all different and what works for some may not work for others. Some of the Sleepyhead Advisors suggested I try a cervical collar and I did. I have posted last nights results with the collar (not what I was hoping for) and Monday's results without the collar using a Wisp nasal mask and mouth taped. I know it was only the first time with this Dr. Dakota collar so I will continue to try again hoping for better results. I will say this morning the welcome said I had NO mask leaks and that hasn't happened in a very long time so the collar may have helped in that respect.

I have been on Cpap therapy since May 2017 and I have no intention of giving up. I don't envy anyone that adapts immediately and hope more and more people can do that. Up to this point it hasn't been me.

[attachment=7406]    
Post Reply Post Reply
Your leaks look fine !!! There is no large leak on these graphs, as you are using a phillips machine you need to change the leak threshold to more accurately represent the the Characteristics of a Philips machine. You should go into File => Preferences=> CPAP and change the leak threshold to a figure of 70 l/min this will correct the leak reporting error in Sleepyhead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks jaswilliams. I'll do as instructed .I'm presently having a problem with my mousse .seems I lost my curser and can't click on file. Any idea what I need to do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2018, 12:43 PM)crowtor Wrote: I've been using my nasal and full face masks for 2 years now, i only rinse them daily with warm, high pressure water. I totally dont understand the 'mask wears down' unless its a cushion. Silicone doesn't wear out, its high quality.

how about Fisher & Paykel Oracle Oral.

Yeah, I kind of looked at that and thought "You get a new mask every month???"  ROFL, my first ResMed Mirage Activa LT cushion went about 7 years... I only replaced it because it was starting to yellow.  My silicon scuba mask is actually even more yellow, but it's about 25 years old. :-p

I kept the cushion as a backup.

My current one is about a year old now, but I've changed to a ResMed N20 nasal mask (as of a couple nights ago) just to see if I like it better.  (I'll write a review soon.)  I'll say now that I like the headgear a heck of a lot more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2018, 02:57 PM)michael9346 Wrote: Thanks jaswilliams. I'll do as instructed .I'm presently having a problem with my mousse .seems I lost my curser and can't click on file. Any idea what I need to do?

Try pressing F11 when in sleepyhead it may bring the control back
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Jaswilliams, Fn-F11 did the trick. Thanks so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had success with a F&P Simplus mask. I am using 10-14 mm settings and i notice if I get to the upper range then I will get occasional leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 823 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 449 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,088 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 332 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.