Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated!
RE: Can't find a mask. Totally frustrated!
Gregger... I tried the cervical collar last night and unfortunately it did not help. My AHI was higher and still had snoring. See results below.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Michael,

I did not mean to ignore your reply. I am hoping that one of the senior members here with chart-reading experience can weigh in on your numbers. Remember that even though they can be improved, without CPAP they would be much much worse. As my sleep doctor reminds me, "Yes, it will be great when you can feel really refreshed as a result of CPAP, but until that happens, you're really doing this for the health of your heart and brain. So keep it up."

The clustering of your OAs makes me wonder if your chin is evading your collar at some point and tucking under the edge, and thus partially closing your airway. Keep in mind, a good fitting collar helps as much with that as with mouth opening. 

Hope someone else will chime in here. Be well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would leave everything the same except I'd bump the minimum pressure from 9cm to 10cm.

By the way I noticed you didn't have any bad leaks on your chart. So the collar helps there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2018, 06:26 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: I would leave everything the same except I'd bump the minimum pressure from 9cm to 10cm.

By the way I noticed you didn't have any bad leaks on your chart. So the collar helps there.

Excellent!
 [Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your observation. Although that day showed no mask leaks, the very next day it was totally out of control with leaks. For whatever reason there is no consistency. That is where my frustration lies. If I purchase a new mask, it only works for two or three days with good results and then it's back to the inconsistencies. 

Post Reply Post Reply
OP,

Does your machine have a mask fit/test feature to make sure it is fitted properly? If so, do you run that test each night to make sure you don't need to make any adjustments?
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is 8 years old and does not have that feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is 8 years old and does not have that feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will your insurance allow you to get a new machine that has a mask fit/test option? I think standard for insurance in US is a new machine every 5 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am on Medicare and have had problems on my first two DME's. The first DME lasted 10 days due to not answering any of my phone calls. I returned my  Resmed Airsense back to them and went to my second DME. There I got a Respironics DreamStation and after 6 weeks she said she was going to start charging me for exchanged masks since after 6 masks I couldn't find any that worked for me. I told them I couldn't afford to pay for masks as I live on Social Security. I gave them their equipment back. Now I tried my third DME and I can't get any equipment as Medicare said they wouldn't pay for anymore rentals, so I am using the Respironics System One my son gave me, as he gave up on Cpap 8 years ago.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 447 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 329 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,085 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 330 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.