Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Troubles Installing Oscar
Troubles Installing Oscar
I have used Sleepyhead in the past and was trying to install Oscar. I used the Windows binaries on a W10 machine and installation was blocked with error messages referencing a security risk. I then loaded Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and downloaded the AMD64 Linux packages and could not install these with either the default installer or the alternate gebi installer. The gebi installer quit with an error message referencing the inability to open a Oscar Desktop file. Curiously, the installer created a file named "Desktop" in the home folder.  Looks like some sort of a script error. Anyone else have this problem?

Is there a written procedure to build oscar from source?

Joe
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Troubles Installing Oscar
Hi jweissman - Welcome
This is a reprint of a post I made back in May.

Here is a listing I got during beta testing when I used the command listed above:
gtkhash
libb2-1
libqt5opengl5
libqt5serialport5

Try coping the following command line. If your system has the file it will be ignored.
sudo apt-get install gtkhash libb2-1 libqt5opengl5 libqt5serialport5

You will have to create a Quick Launch shortcut on your desktop.  If you are unfamiliar with this, right-click anywhere on an open area of your desktop.  The 5th option from the top is labeled, "+ Create a new launcher here. . .", select it.  In the Command box either enter or navigate to the /usr/bin/oscar link.   Of course the Name box is a no-brainer.  

Please report back of either success or problems.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Troubles Installing Oscar
G'day jweissman. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Quote: I used the Windows binaries on a W10 machine and installation was blocked with error messages referencing a security risk.

Yes, this is quite common and is covered in the installation instructions here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...stallation

and here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...n:_Windows

The Linux installation instructions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ion:_Linux

The overall Oscar help system is here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...OSCAR_Help

Hope this helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Error while installing OSCAR on Lenovo Chromebook Bodie 15 1,234 10-29-2023, 12:41 PM
Last Post: Bodie
  [split] Help installing OSCAR on Mac The Old Crock 4 590 01-08-2023, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Sabee
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,410 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  Installing latest OSCAR on an old Windows PC Rcgop 8 822 07-17-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Installing Oscar v 1.3.0 in a different C drive folder from version Oscar 1.2.0. rumtap 7 1,596 03-15-2022, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Problems installing Encore Pro Chalkie 20 2,851 02-28-2022, 06:06 PM
Last Post: jpearson0525
  Installing OSCAR-copy from desktop to laptop for travel Samultra 3 874 09-22-2020, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Samultra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.