Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't find my SleepyHead Data on my PC!
Can't find my SleepyHead Data on my PC!
I thought I knew where my data folder was located on my PC but when I looked in the folder I only found some old data from 2015 but not all of it. However, I do see my current screenshots at this location. Where is the data from 2015 to present being stored?

When I use SleepyHead each day to upload data from my SD card, it loads successfully and I can view it using the software. I can view all of the data I have loaded into SleepyHead from 2015 to present date. It is a mystery to me where the data is being stored. I have been looking for it so I can download it to an SD card so I can view it in ResMed ResScan software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't find my SleepyHead Data on my PC!
Hi SleepyZ,
Welcome to the forum!

If your using a Windows PC the default location is under your Documents (My Documents) folder for SleepyHeadData (Version 1.0-Beta) and/or SleepyHeadData-Testing (version 0.9.8.1-Testing).
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nap,

I know that location. That is where the partial data is stored that I mentioned in my original post. If I click on "help" and click on "about SleepyHead" in the drop down menu, it tells you where the data folder is located. This is the folder where I find the partial data. Do you know of another location where the data can be saved and how to find it?

Yhanks,
SleepyZ
Post Reply Post Reply
At least for me, my backups are located in:
D:\Backup\SleepyHeadData\Profiles\UserName\ResMed_BR-549\Backup\DATALOG/Year Date

Under the Datalog directory are the 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 directories, shown above as the Year Date listing.  

Holler if that doesn't help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have located my data but now need to know how to converte it to its original fomat. It is all there, everything I have ever installed on SleepyHead. The problem is, it is in CVS file format.

I have no clue where it gets the data from on my PC.

I found it by clicking on "File", then clicking on "Export Data", then clicking on "CVS Export Wizard". Set "Quick Range" to "Everything".  Select a resolution "Details", "Sesions" or "Daily". Click on the "..." (Three dots). It creates a file name. Click on "Export"

The CVS file (Xl Spreadsheet file) will be saved to your "DATALOG" folder.

Now I just have to figure out how to convert it back to the original format.

Anyone has any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there is a way to put it back into ResScan from a CSV file.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
since this is not the frist time this question was asked I really wonder why anyone woould have the need to get data back in the machine?

I seriousely doubt that the (or any for that matter) machine reads any other thing than maybe the settings. As far as I understand resmed the machine formats the SD-card if it doesn't like the card and than puts back on the card all data (still) stored in the memory of the machine. (and the other way around should not be possible)
Post Reply Post Reply
If you use your card for compliance reporting for whatever reason and your card fails, you will want to repopulate the new card with all applicable data before you take it for review.

That's the best I can think of at this time.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nap,

I have found the path to my SleepyHead data on my PC. The clues you provided were a big help. Do you or anyone out there know the basic path to where ResMed ResScan 5.7 stores the data on a PC using Windows 10?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyZ,
Try: C:\Program Files (x86)\ResMed\DeviceScan

Edit:
I take that back.

Look in : C:\Users\Public\Documents\ResMed\ResScan3\Patients\Patient's Name

The "Users\Public\Documents" is probably your "Documents" or My Documents" folder.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 4 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 85 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Cant Find Old Oscar Data Julia63 1 501 10-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Julia63
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Sad please help me to find software for respicare 25 bpap machine thank you sangamesh 0 565 06-19-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sangamesh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.