Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't get API s below 3
Can't get API s below 3
Hi, I have been using CPA for about a year now.  It seems no matter what I do my API in the morning is usually around 2-3.  Once in a while it goes very high.  For instance, last night it was a 7.  I use nasal pillows.  Any advice is helpful  I am 60 yo, not a drinker or smoker and not overweight. Exercise regularly
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get API s below 3
bt60, not much to go on here without knowing your machine or settings. Please consider downloading the free OSCAR software and posting a chart. We can do pretty good work to help people improve results, but we are not clairvoyant.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider,
  Thank you. Will do.  I assume that I also need a card with my  machine as well?
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you have a Resmed or Philips machine, a SD card of 4 to 16 GB will work great. Any chance you might share what make and model machine you're using, perhaps put in some profile info?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. 

I have a devilbliss Intellipap auto adjust  automatic machine that is set between  4 and 15.  From my sleep test i had an average ov about 2.5 apneas per hour and 14.5 hypneas per hour. for an AHI of about 16.   My oxygen saturation baseline was 98 percent.  My overbite saturation index was 95, with a low of 83 overnight.

My oxygen desaturation index was 21.1, which seems quite high for my level of apnea

My minimum pulse was 46.  I take 11 breaths per minute.  My average pulse was 60.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's safe to say that a minimum pressure of 8.0 is going to be more therapeutic for the majority of users. I rarely see a minimum pressure of 4.0 as effective. When hypopnea is present, it helps to turn the expiratory pressure relief (SmartFlex up to a higher setting. I'm not certain OSCAR fully supports the Devilbiss. Increase your minimum pressure and use the SmartFlex feature, and I'm certain you will feel better. We have software on the forum that will help. Check this out http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.