Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't get FlashAir card working with ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto or AirSense 10 Autoset
Can't get FlashAir card working with ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto or AirSense 10 Autoset
I'm trying to get my 16GB Toshiba FlashAir card working with my ResMed devices but haven't had any luck as of yet.

I followed the instructions from this thread: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...rve-10-Asv

(01-02-2016, 12:43 PM)Papit Wrote: Post: #1Idea CPAP Wireless SD Card for The Rest of Us 
For us non-techies, Xpap Machine Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to SleepyHead -- 
I leave a FlashAir SD card in my xPAP machine and it wirelessly sends sleep data to my computer hard drive for input to SleepyHead software. The card no longer needs to be moved from xPAP machine to the computer. Here's a list of easy detailed instructions written mainly for those new to computers and less techie users. They are based largely on procedures from (Google searchable) TNET Sleep Apnea Information that I expanded upon or modified. Thanks go to Krelvin for getting me started and others for adding to my understanding. Questions, comments and suggestions are welcome by post or pm. 

Setup: Wireless SD Card DataTransfer to SleepyHead Software (Rev. 1-2-16)

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Install in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay. If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good. Both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name. Click File and Save. Click File again and Exit.
8. Click the C: drive, click “New folder,” rename it SLEEPDATA and close the page. 
9. Safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card. 
10. Insert the SD card in your xPAP machine. If a message appears, “Invalid SD card, erase SD card data? Yes/No?,” select Yes and press the enter button. 
11. Open SleepyHead and click File, Preferences and Import tab. Note the “Ignore Short Sessions” Minutes on the right. Once your xPAP machine resets, put your mask on and operate your xPAP machine for at least the number of Short Sessions Minutes to record breathing test data. 
12. Leave the FlashAir SD card in your xPAP machine from now on. If you inadvertently remove it or turn power off, you may need to reinitialize the card as discussed in Part E below.

B. Using FlashPAP to transfer data from xPAP/FlashAir SD to your computer/hard drive
1. Google JAVA to download and install Free JAVA software. Then Google Cognitial Flashpap to download and install FlashPAP. Drag and drop FlashPAP.jar to your desktop or otherwise create a desktop shortcut.
2. Open FlashPAP. Click […] next to “Profile/User Name,” click “New Profile,” type in “SLEEPDATA” and click OK. Use the down arrow and select your “xPAP Machine.” To automatically detect and fill in the card’s “IP Address,” click […] and select “Scan Network”. Then click “Scan network for FlashAir devices.” After the card is detected click “Use selected FlashAir.”
3. Click […] for “Destination Folder,” select the C: drive, select SLEEPDATA and click Save.
4. At bottom Click […] for “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software.” Click Desktop, scroll to and click the SleepyHead shortcut. 
5. Click “Scan FlashAir SD card.” Today’s date appears in “Dates found on card” if you ran the xPAP breathing test in Step A11. Select the date and click “Copy xPAP data for selected date(s)”. 
6. Click “Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software” and wait for SleepyHead to open automatically.

C. Using SleepyHead software 
1. In SleepyHead, select user name. Click Import, Yes and Daily to see detailed graphs of the wirelessly transferred sleep data. 
(If necessary, click Import, Specify, Computer and double-click OS ©. Scroll down to select SLEEPDATA and click Choose.) 
2. If other data already exists in SleepyHead for today’s date and you want to see detailed graphs of your test data by itself, use the select/deselect feature in the lower left under Cpap Sessions.

BEGIN HERE FOR TYPICAL DAILY OPERATION

D. Daily Operation 
1. Open FlashPAP and click Scan FlashAir SD card.
2. Select new Date(s) found on card and click Copy xPAP data for selected date(s).
3. Click Exit and run Sleep Tracking Software. Wait while SleepyHead opens.
4. Operate SleepyHead normally. 

E. Reinitializing the FlashAir SD card if power is interrupted or the card is inadvertently removed
1. If power is turned off or if you remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP machine or there is a power loss, the card may need to be reinitialized. Google FlashAir II Config Utility to download, save, install and run the FlashAir Tool from Toshiba. 
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to Initialize the card. When instructed, safely remove the SD card as follows: Open Computer, right click the SD’s card drive, select Eject and remove the card (multiple times if prompted). When you see "Initialize succeeded,” click OK, leave the card in the card reader and close the FlashAirTool. Perform Part A steps above.

F. Restore “hidden files”
1. Return to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Don’t show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK. 

Notes:
1. Save your old SD card with its stored sleep data.
2. Save all of the above downloads in your Downloads folder for future ready access.
3. If you need to take an SD card in for your doc to review, transfer your sleep data to a standard SD card that came with your machine.
4. When/if you remove the card or if power to your xPAP machine is turned off or interrupted, the card will need to be reinitialized as covered in Part E.

After following those directions, my CONFIG file looks like this:

Code:
[Vendor]

CIPATH=/DCIM/100__TSB/FA000001.JPG
APPMODE=5
APPNETWORKKEY=****************
APPNAME=FlashAir
APPSSID=FiOS-OD1ZL
LOCK=1
DNSMODE=1
APPAUTOTIME=0
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
CID=02544d535731364740d5e27579011101
PRODUCT=FlashAir
VENDOR=TOSHIBA

After putting the card in my PAP device, FlashAir is able to recognize the card and select it.  However, when I get to the part where I "Scan FlashAir SD card", the "Dates found on card" stays blank despite the fact that I've used the device overnight and the card definitely contains the data (can be read by directly plugging the card into my computer).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get FlashAir card working with ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto or AirSense 10 Autoset
Look at my post concerning a very similar problem:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid211546
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get FlashAir card working with ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto or AirSense 10 Autoset
(11-26-2017, 11:07 AM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: After putting the card in my PAP device, FlashAir is able to recognize the card and select it.  However, when I get to the part where I "Scan FlashAir SD card", the "Dates found on card" stays blank despite the fact that I've used the device overnight and the card definitely contains the data (can be read by directly plugging the card into my computer).

Are you sure you're selecting the correct IP in FlashPAP? When I use it to "Scan network" it sometimes finds multiple IPs that it thinks my be the Flashair card but only 1 of them is correct. Try connecting to the IP address directly via your web browser by going to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx .

May also want to make sure the Flashair is connecting to your router. Most routers will allow you to see which devices are connected to it via their configuration applet (usually a web page, like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, look on the router).
Post Reply Post Reply
How far away from your CPAP machine is your router?

FlashAir supports 802.11 b/g/n with WEP, TKIP, AES (WPA, WPA2) WPA2 Default.
It is 2.4Ghz only and will not work on 5Ghz.

Note: even though WPA2-AES has been hacked and the Flashair is vulnerable when in STA mode, it still is the most reliable. There will be a firmware update in Decemeber that should fix WPA2 / STA mode issues.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, all. I've made some changes - set a static IP and changed the config to use the 2.4GHz SSID instead of the 5GHz one. I can ping the Flashair now but still doesn't show the contents. Will keep at it!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can now ping it try connecting to it with a web browser you should see it if not are you using a strange proxy server or something else
Post Reply Post Reply
Trying to connect with a web browser seems to take me to some router settings. I wonder if that's because I'm using a MoCA bridge in the room where the FlashAir is located.

Maybe I should use the FlashAir in AP mode instead? The computer where I use Sleepyhead is in my bedroom, so it should work. How would I change the CONFIG if I want to use AP mode?

I have it working in AP mode now, which is good enough for me. Thanks, everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR v1.5.2 Not Working on My Chromebook fixed it 4 77 03-26-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 107 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 760 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Aircurve 11 Bipap skcampbell2 4 211 03-09-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,283 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 663 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Question Importing Data Only After A Certain Date ResMed AirCurve 10 somewherein413 4 333 02-14-2024, 05:40 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.