Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic
Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic
I've been pretty successful in using Encore basic (2.4.8.0). Sleepyhead is not an option as my APAP uses smart cards. But where I'm at a loss is getting it to show me trend values. I click on my UserName, select history, and it shows the different dates observations were loaded into my computer. I can look at individual dates with no problem

But when I'm in "history" and try to select a "trend" report it doesn't cooperate. Selecting "All Data" just shows me the output for day my cursor is on. Selecting a range of dates doesn't let me go back to another date.

Am I doing something wrong or is it just a limitation of Encore Basic?

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't get Trend Data from Encore Basic
Just bumping myself up a bit. Problem persists -- I assign the card to my name, read it, and at the end of the read cycle Encore informs me that the card does not belong to a respironics user. But when I click on my name all of the data is there, each report has my name & ID number. But Encore can't link them to produce trend reports,

Would Encore Pro solve this problem? Does anyone know how I get it?

Thanks again

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you ever determine exactly which machine you have?

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am using EncoreBasic, and I do not erase my card (manually, or by checking a box), I do check the box saying the card goes back to the user, and on each upload it overwrites the last showing a date range (today) of 10-29 to 11-15. If I upload tomorrow it'll overwrite and show 10-29 to 11-16 - but again I can see trends, etc.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 04:04 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Did you ever determine exactly which machine you have?

Yes , it's an older REMstar with Cflex
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2014, 05:51 PM)Peter_C Wrote: I am using EncoreBasic, and I do not erase my card (manually, or by checking a box), I do check the box saying the card goes back to the user, and on each upload it overwrites the last showing a date range (today) of 10-29 to 11-15. If I upload tomorrow it'll overwrite and show 10-29 to 11-16 - but again I can see trends, etc.

Interesting. I assumed that Encore would look at the data it had downloaded. If im understanding you correctly, Encore uses only data on the smart card when creating trends. It seems strange - you have more data on the computer you use for a download which is essentially unlimited compared to the smart card.

I'll try your method, thanks

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting. I unchecked the "erase card after successful download"' and checked the "Card is to be returned to the same patient" options.

Two things happened:

1. For the first time I didn't get a warning that the card did not belong to a patient. Instead the screen read "The media belongs to the current patient"

2. And, now I can look at trend data! For the last two days, at least

All I can think is that the "erase" option is a little too aggressive and wipes out not only the data but the information pertaining to the owner of the card

Happy Camper, thanks all

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2014, 03:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...

How many days of data can the SmartCard (not an SD card) hold?

Carlos
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2014, 10:39 AM)Cbonilla Wrote:
(11-19-2014, 03:35 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Actually - I bet if you checked both options (like once per month) you'd have no patient issue, and your trends *might* be broken up into months? So far - mine is one long trend - looks like just one download...

How many days of data can the SmartCard (not an SD card) hold?

Carlos

I have no clue? I suspect since the machine reads the card that it will either complain, or erase oldest data first, or erase the entire card when full - something like that.

Please note, I can only 'see' the 2 most recent days of "wave-form' data, when not erasing the card. (I am in a compliance period so do not dare erase to test right now).

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Basic question after night #1 Jskier 33 2,146 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about fotjon 1 602 10-15-2023, 02:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  New Member with Basic Questions CajunKev 15 1,086 04-20-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: CajunKev
Question [CPAP] Two basic questions from a newbie minimax 2 506 01-20-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  CPAP function question - basic stuff... Mandrake 11 1,187 01-10-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Mandrake
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.