Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Really Long Negative Number
RE: Really Long Negative Number
Did a quick git pull and rebuild just now, and same (underflow?) issue.  I get a huge negative number pressure on Oct 13, Overview, but the Pressure range is indicated correctly.  

Then I did a rebuild of my CPAP data.  This seemed to clear up the peculiar days that indicated "CPAP" when it actually was APAP.  The data rebuild also fixed the huge negative number problem on the pressure.  Hope this helps someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 05:56 PM)happydreams Wrote: Did a quick git pull and rebuild just now, and same (underflow?) issue.  I get a huge negative number pressure on Oct 13, Overview, but the Pressure range is indicated correctly.  

Then I did a rebuild of my CPAP data.  This seemed to clear up the peculiar days that indicated "CPAP" when it actually was APAP.  The data rebuild also fixed the huge negative number problem on the pressure.  Hope this helps someone.

I actually did a rebuild of my data - No changes.
All of the days show as APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 02:48 PM)pholynyk Wrote: It seems you switched from APAP mode to CPAP. The statistical data is kept separately,and I suspect that that OSCAR didn't handle the change properly.
I'd like you to zip the entire SD card into a file and upload it to Bonjour's Dropbox so That I can look at it and figure out how to handle that properly. Also I'd like to see data from a recent Autoset to see if it has changed.
Instructions fo zipping are in the wiki:
Please send me a PM when you are ready to upload the file.

OSCAR Lead Developer

Sorry It's been a while. I will upload this to you today.
Also, I'm having an issue where October 23 is only showing 1 session for 0.72 hours. (See picture)
I will send you both SD Card ZIP files.
-Chris

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Chris, it's been a busy week, and I finally got a chance to look at your files.
The good news is that you can recover the October 23rd data by doing a rebuild of the data (under the Data menu). When you looked at your data on the afternoon of the 23rd, you had a short session around noon, which OSCAR recorded as the 'last day imported'; then when you made a later import, that day was skipped, even though there were more sessions for that day. The quick solution, for, you, is to rebuild all your data - only a couple of months, in your case... others may have several years. The harder solution is to check for additional sessions on the 'last day imported' and delete and rebuild that day before continuing the import.. a 'simple matter of programming', as they say - not your problem, but mine.
Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your large negative number in any of SH 1.0.0, OSCAR 1.0.1, nor OSCAR 1.1-testing. I am using a Linux system, and you are using Windows, so I shall ask our Windows developer to look at your data files. I suspect that the compilers are doing something differently here.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 04:08 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your large negative number in any of SH 1.0.0, OSCAR 1.0.1, nor OSCAR 1.1-testing. I am using a Linux system, and you are using Windows, so I shall ask our Windows developer to look at your data files. I suspect that the compilers are doing something differently here.

I use Oscar under Ubuntu 18.04 and also noticed "Really Long Negative Number". It is not a problem for me, just posting it here to let you know. Maybe it will be important information about Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot reproduce the "large negative number" on Windows 10 with all the latest commits included.

However, I do see that the Autofit feature on the Daily graph didn't work for 10/31 and 11/3.  The min and max for the graph was set to 4 cmH2O and 6 cmH2O.  Are you seeing this also?
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2019, 04:08 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Chris, it's been a busy week, and I finally got a chance to look at your files.
The good news is that you can recover the October 23rd data by doing a rebuild of the data (under the Data menu). When you looked at your data on the afternoon of the 23rd, you had a short session around noon, which OSCAR recorded as the 'last day imported'; then when you made a later import, that day was skipped, even though there were more sessions for that day. The quick solution, for, you, is to rebuild all your data - only a couple of months, in your case... others may have several years. The harder solution is to check for additional sessions on the 'last day imported' and delete and rebuild that day before continuing the import.. a 'simple matter of programming', as they say - not your problem, but mine.
Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your large negative number in any of SH 1.0.0, OSCAR 1.0.1, nor OSCAR 1.1-testing. I am using a Linux system, and you are using Windows, so I shall ask our Windows developer to look at your data files. I suspect that the compilers are doing something differently here.

What is interesting is that the October 23 large number has somehow corrected itself. Not when I rebuild my data the day I had the issue, but somewhere between the different uploads. It definitely happened between the 2 SD card files I sent you.
Linux: I have a Laptop running Lubuntu, plus a Raspberry Pi, which has Debian and CentOS images (other Linux flavors need some manual install. Let me know and I can try to play with things!

(11-08-2019, 10:59 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I cannot reproduce the "large negative number" on Windows 10 with all the latest commits included.

However, I do see that the Autofit feature on the Daily graph didn't work for 10/31 and 11/3.  The min and max for the graph was set to 4 cmH2O and 6 cmH2O.  Are you seeing this also?

(Sorry I Can't Tell) Are you talking about my graphs or spioch 's?
- I guess we have a common issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2019, 02:31 PM)Chris43156 Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:59 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: I cannot reproduce the "large negative number" on Windows 10 with all the latest commits included.

Yes, I am referring to your graphs.  Does the pressure graph on the Daily page look like this, with the y-axis of the graph being just 4-6 instead of a more appropriate 4-12?   See how the graphed line is truncated at the top of the graph?

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2019, 03:48 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 02:31 PM)Chris43156 Wrote:

Yes, I am referring to your graphs.  Does the pressure graph on the Daily page look like this, with the y-axis of the graph being just 4-6 instead of a more appropriate 4-12?   See how the graphed line is truncated at the top of the graph?

No actually. I just looked at the 10/31 and 11/03 Daily Reports, and the graph goes from 4.0 to 12.0 comfortably.
The highest reading was a single point at 12.0 on the 3rd.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed-2 sessions short 2nd useful- Break to long/Card out of machine to soon. KeepSmiling 5 676 11-18-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  Extremely Large Negative AHI's rafimf 4 675 03-06-2021, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR- Last time the machine was used is negative one (-1) days ago with 1.2.0. nl255 1 658 01-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  Difference in AHI Number mawaw1992 6 869 01-11-2021, 10:25 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf
  OSCAR suggestion - API integration (Long term) Damiansd 3 830 02-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sawinglogz
  OSCAR vs DreamMapper AHI Number 3rdMarDiv 4 2,233 05-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv
Question Long load time for SD Card tlippy 1 1,125 11-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.