Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

fatigue...HELP!
RE: fatigue...HELP!
Here are screen shots of one bad and one good night...

A Good Night...July 2 2014

http://www.mediafire.com/view/pfv9rc5azs...Night.jpg#

A Bad Night...July 19 2014

http://www.mediafire.com/view/j6p191ys6b...night.jpg#

Lovely software that...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2014, 06:12 PM)StephenR Wrote: A Good Night...July 2 2014
[Image: pfv9rc5azsgxi394g.jpg]
It looks like you finally fell into real sleep about 22:20. And to my patient's eyes, it looks like the first cluster of events (where most of the CAs are scored) that happens just before 22:20 is sleep transistional and/or "sleep/wake/junk" (SWJ) breathing---i.e. you're dozing, but not really asleep and the machine is mis-scoring your (barely) awake breathing as sleep disordered breathing. If all your centrals looked like these, I'd be inclined to write them off as SWJ and not worry too much about them.

Quote:A Bad Night...July 19 2014
[Image: j6p191ys6bph45u4g.jpg]
This is a different tale altogether.

First: You weren't wearing the mask from about 23:50 to 1:30. What happened?

Were you unable to really get to sleep, and so you finally took the mask off and got up for about 90 minutes? And then you returned to bed and still couldn't really get soundly asleep? And you took another break from the mask around 3:00 AM because you still weren't sleeping? And then you finally fell asleep around 5:10 and slept until about 6:00? If that's a reasonably accurate summary of the night, then all of this might be SWJ. And in this case, feeling bad the next day is easily explained by the lack of sleep, rather than an excess number of CAs scored when you weren't really soundly asleep to begin with.

Or do you believe you were sleeping soundly for the whole night when you were masked up? In that case, there's real reason to be concerned about what's triggering the CAs.

So just how awake or asleep were you this night???

And do many or most of the bad nights have multiple wakes where you turn the machine OFF and then back ON?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks RobySue..

I will need to go over the data and think about how the nights actually were. I recall at the beginning of therapy having one or two nights where I did not wake up and I felt good, but since then I would say I have not slept soundly. Either waking up as the mask seal failed or just not being able to sink into deep sleep..

Thanks again, I guess its mainly a do it your self therapy this, the techs don't seem interested in how one actually feels...very odd...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Low AHI but dizziness and fatigue with spikes of low O2 levels John94 8 1,108 01-01-2024, 11:01 AM
Last Post: PamVT41
  Low AHI still having extreme fatigue exchanged 2 586 11-15-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Low daytime SPO2 and fatigue vpsdub 30 3,070 09-28-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: vpsdub
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Extreme fatigue despite "low" (<5) AHI Uphold9887 38 3,405 08-23-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  [Treatment] Need help with severe fatigue and brain fog - AirCurve 10 ASV (Help with settings) MUARS 20 1,884 08-15-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Daytime fatigue w/ lower AHI, higher number of CA quartet3424 6 1,116 07-17-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.