Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't leave things alone.. Just had to change something.
RE: Can't leave things alone.. Just had to change something.
(07-27-2014, 08:50 PM)Buckeyedog Wrote: I may have a chat about the flow limitation with her. I'm still trying to get my head around what exactly that means.

As your airway begins to collapse it first limits the flow of air, but not enough to be called a hypopnea. If it continues to collapse it could become a hypopnea or even an apnea.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...56#pid5556

Auto CPAP machines respond to flow limitation by increasing the pressure in an attempt to prevent the airway from further collapse.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you check EPR fast mode, that something to change. The down side to you is that you have to set it in cpap mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help guys. And sorry retired guy for horning in on your thread! You mentioned the flow limit and I just kind of jumped in. So it appears that even though I've never really logged an OSA in my data, my airway still gets constricted which limits the flow and is indicated in my data (sleepyhead).
My numbers are:
Min EPAP - 4
Min PS - 3
Max IPAP - 15
Max PS - 7

I will have to confirm those after work today. Pretty sure they are correct. I will likely call my doc and see what she has to say about it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also be aware that changing to EPR fast mode will make the flow limit graph less reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 06:49 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: Thanks for the help guys. And sorry retired guy for horning in on your thread! You mentioned the flow limit and I just kind of jumped in. So it appears that even though I've never really logged an OSA in my data, my airway still gets constricted which limits the flow and is indicated in my data (sleepyhead).
My numbers are:
Min EPAP - 4
Min PS - 3
Max IPAP - 15
Max PS - 7

I will have to confirm those after work today. Pretty sure they are correct. I will likely call my doc and see what she has to say about it.

(07-28-2014, 10:06 AM)name Wrote: Also be aware that changing to EPR fast mode will make the flow limit graph less reliable.

That's ok Buckie. I don't mind being horned in on. Let us know what our doc says..

EPR fast mode? Don't figure I'll be finding out what that means anytime soon. I'm doing fine in apap mode. Plenty of stuff to futz with.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: threadjacked.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2014, 06:24 PM)justMongo Wrote: Remember, with "with emphysema and a "normal" lung fev1 of 23% of normal" you are not normal.

We did not need any data to know that retired_guy is not normal. He's the same. Or maybe that was abnormal.

Best Regards,

A retired_guy fan

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In a quandry over a couple of things... SheShells23 50 865 58 minutes ago
Last Post: SheShells23
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Sad help! bipap making things worse Sleepyroshi 11 585 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,703 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Raise max pressure or leave it alone? big_dave 4 336 02-20-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 318 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.