Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't mount Sd card on my Mac
Sad 
Can't mount Sd card on my Mac
Hi !
I am new to this forum and to the Apnea. I am 71 and was diagnosed as an Olympian member of the apnea team.  Huhsign My score was 73.
I am under treatment and my score is now around 22. I am learning a lot about apnea and learned the we can read the SD card content with some software. I chose Sleepy Smile.

Unfortunately, I can't mount the Sd card on my Mac Book pro (2012) under 10.13.5. I bought a IOGEAR Sc card reader. When I insert the reader all lights goes up. When I insert the card into the reader the card does not show on the desktop and the software can't fin any data.

Any clue related to a solution?

Thanks 

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't mount Sd card on my Mac
Hi Patro,

Is the SD card unlocked?

[attachment=7389]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Patro - Welcome

I'm not a Mac user so I flying blind on the specific names for OS-X apps.

Let's take SleepyHead out of the picture and first concentrate on mounting the SD card. OS-X should auto mount any storage type of device as a drive/folder on your system. I'm guessing but, when a device is mounted, it should be displayed on your desktop. Just like the folders on your main hard drive, you should be able to open and see the files using your default file/folder viewer.

Please try this to see if you see the contents on your SD card.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
No for security of the content I lock it

And indeed I can't see it on my desktop.
That is mainly my problem. Normally Os X mount almost any device, but not this one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insert the card and open finder.  You should see the card as an option within the devices section.
When is this “old enough to know better” supposed to kick in?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can't see this card, try any other card you have laying around. Also, if you have several USB ports available, try using another one. You could have a bad port. The next step, after the above , would be to try the reader on another computer.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tanks to all of you for your kind answers. I believe the the cheap card reader is the problem. Can't read other cards.

Robert
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 629 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 536 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,324 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,560 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  FlashAir, can i mount a shared SMB folder? Deen0X 0 2,810 02-23-2016, 06:44 AM
Last Post: Deen0X

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.