Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't open new version of OSCAR....
Can't open new version of OSCAR....
Have not found this issue in the forum.  Have been using Phillips Dream Station since mid 2019.  Love OSCAR and the information it provides.  Helps me keep track of my condition. 

Have been using version 1.2.0 for as long as I have had the CPAP machine and three days ago I upgraded to version 1.3.0.  Can not open OSCAR now.  I get two Windows messages:

(1) "Windows cannot access the specific device, path or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." and

(2) "Unable to execute file: C:\Program File\OSCAR 1.3.0\OSCAR.exe  CreateProcess failed: code 5. Access is denied."

Have not been able to reswolve the issue with Windows help.  Was directed to a Windowes forum and had an answer back in a few minutes.... something about X-box.  Duh!

I am using Windows 10 Pro, 64bit on a HP laptop.  My virus protection is with PC Matic which I like very much.  After my first attempt to open failed, I uninstalled the program, restarted laptop, and reinstalled from the Sleep Apena site.  Still couldn't open.  Don't know what to do now. 

Thanks in advance for any assikstance you can provide.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't open new version of OSCAR....
I'm pretty sure it's windows protect software.
On the popup there is a more info button click that then the run anyway

It happens to any new software that is not delivered via the official stores.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may require administrator privileges to install the software. Look for a pop up screen that asks for permission to modify the system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all for your responses. My dialog boxes don't have a "Run Anyway" choice. After fooling around with permissions I gave up. I uninstalled the program, found every trace of OSCAR and deleted them. Restart, search again for traces of OSCAR and deleted them. Restart, then loaded version 1.3.0 again. Don't know why but it now works. Imported data from my existing SD card and it looks like I'm all ready to go. I'm convinced that Windows 10 had something to do with it, but? By the way.... still waiting for Phillips and my local supplier to get their act together on the recall.

Again, a big thank you to all and the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  The OSCAR 1.5.1 does not see the notes recorded in the earlier version. G. Szabo 2 205 02-26-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  New software version doesn't view properly, wide screen mode? piratekitty 3 365 02-10-2024, 08:38 PM
  OSCAR old version Apnearod 17 2,173 02-06-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: untoutseul05
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,618 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
Sad Graphics bug in 1.5.1 Deb 12 version Gooserider 2 499 12-26-2023, 09:08 PM
Information New SEFAM Analyize software version 3.2.0 SuperSleeper 3 1,293 11-11-2023, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DrJelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.