Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't run sleepyhead
Can't run sleepyhead
I tried installing sleepyhead on my Win10 laptop. When trying to run the installation file I get the error, "This app can't run on your PC." Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't run sleepyhead
Try using the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe and see if that corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2016, 10:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try using the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe and see if that corrects your problem.

Is that a different download? I got mine from the sleepyhead jedimark net link.

When I try to run the file downloaded from this site I get the error in the original post. The file is: SleepyHead-1.0.0-beta-2-Snapshot-Win32-OpenGL-20160422

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running it as administrator?

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I am.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2016, 10:18 PM)jmitchell151 Wrote:
(11-23-2016, 10:13 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Try using the SleepyHead-BrokenGL.exe and see if that corrects your problem.

Is that a different download? I got mine from the sleepyhead jedimark net link.

I don't have my Windows PC booted up, but I'm pretty sure that if you go to the Windows START menu, there's two options for starting up SleepyHead - one is the regular OpenGL and the other is the BrokenGL version. The desktop shortcut goes only to the OpenGL version... so you'll have to open up the BrokenGL version via the Start Menu.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My bad! I read your post as you were trying to run SleepyHead and didn't see the "trying to install it".

First, you will see a SHA1 checksum: b6bcef3b28a88d80d474224861c8ab57e20bcf63 on the download website. Use a file checksum calculator along with this value to verify the download.
If you need one here is a link: Winmd5Free.zip

If any problems download it again but make sure you have any Anti-Virus software turned off and keep it off until SleepyHead is installed.

File Ownership can also be a problem. If all else fails, download this registry modification that will give you a "Take Ownership" option when you right-click on a file or directory in Windows Explorer. Here is the link: Take File/Directory Ownership

Good Luck!

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
That would be my suggestion as well. Turn off AV, download it again, right click the install file and choose Run As Administrator.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.