Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't see my data after Oscar update
Can't see my data after Oscar update
I can't see my data after ubdating to 1.3.0 64 bit for windows. A friend who does not want to be on the forum has had me checking is data every couple of months for the last year. He brought me his card today anf I finally created a profile for him. At the end of that process I got a notice that  a new version of OSCAR was available so I ran the upgrade. Now if I select his profile I can view his data. Unfortunately, if I select my profile I also see his data. Both profiles and all data are in the same OSCAR folder. How can I fix this?

Thanks
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't see my data after Oscar update
It sounds like you might have accidentally imported his data into your profile. Upgrading to a new version of OSCAR doesn't event affect profile contents. However, if his SD card was in your machine when OSCAR asked you if it could upgrade your data to a new version, it is remotely possible that OSCAR also added the information it found on the SD card.

Look at the list of machines used at the bottom of the Statistics page. Is his machine also listed there? If so, use Data / Advanced / Purge ALL selected date / <his machine>. That will eliminate his data from your profile. Similarly, select his profile and see if your machine is listed there. If it is, then purge your machine from his profile.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2021, 12:07 AM)GuyScharf Wrote: It sounds like you might have accidentally imported his data into your profile. Upgrading to a new version of OSCAR doesn't event affect profile contents. However, if his SD card was in your machine when OSCAR asked you if it could upgrade your data to a new version, it is remotely possible that OSCAR also added the information it found on the SD card. His card was in my PC when I updated

Look at the list of machines used at the bottom of the Statistics page. Is his machine also listed there? If so, use Data / Advanced / Purge ALL selected date / <his machine>. That will eliminate his data from your profile. Similarly, select his profile and see if your machine is listed there. If it is, then purge your machine from his profile. His machine is listed in both profile statistics and the statistics are identical in both. All his. My machine is not listed in either profile.
I purged the data for his machine and now I see no data for either profile. Can I restore the data from the SD cards? I had almost 5 years of data from my machine.

EDIT: I see there's a backup folder for each profile. Can I restore both from those backups?
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Did you happen to use the same profile name for both profiles, differing only in lower/upper-case?
Post Reply Post Reply
No. I used my user name for mine and his first name for his. My wife is starting therapy so I plan to start a new profile for her but want to get this fixed first.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Very strange. Could you upload a zip of your OSCAR data folder to Guy's dropbox?

Help > Troubleshooting > Create zip of all OSCAR data

and then upload the zip to:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/REp6AH7LCGyeOcXfOokH
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2021, 12:43 AM)Melman Wrote: I purged the data for his machine and now I see no data for either profile. Can I restore the data from the SD cards? I had almost 5 years of data from my machine.

EDIT: I see there's a backup folder for each profile. Can I restore both from those backups?

First, make a backup of your database, just in case.

Yes, you can import from the backup manually. Use the existing, now empty, profile or create a new profile. Click on Import and then Choose. Select the Backup directory for the profile for machine you want to restore.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 39 8 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 84 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 93 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 227 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 109 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.