Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't seem to dial my settings in
RE: Can't seem to dial my settings in
I would mark your posted (and saved) charts with Altitude, to do the above,  Make sure you note your very good sea level settings.

I agree with SleepRider, The events I see above are mostly stirring or SWJ.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 12:56 PM)bonjour Wrote: I would mark your posted (and saved) charts with Altitude, to do the above,  Make sure you note your very good sea level settings.

I agree with SleepRider, The events I see above are mostly stirring or SWJ.

I will do that.  Thanks!  I'm a fan of sea level.  I get great sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
The 3 nights that you uploaded the data for do not really look too bad to me. The reason is as follows. The apneas at the end of the night on the 26th and 27th look to me like they might be sleep/wake junk and as such could be ignored. If that were the case, your AHI would be a lot better. I do think that your EPAP min. could be raised some to good effect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-28-2017, 03:00 PM)PaytonA Wrote: The 3 nights that you uploaded the data for do not really look too bad to me. The reason is as follows. The apneas at the end of the night on the 26th and 27th look to me like they might be sleep/wake junk and as such could be ignored. If that were the case, your AHI would be a lot better. I do think that your EPAP min. could be raised some to good effect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Thanks for the response!  I have wondered about SWJ, but a few things struck me as odd:  I have spent almost 15 nights at sea level since getting my auto-bipap, and all of those nights are <1 AHI with none of these clusters.  These clusters are not just limited to the end of the night, they also occur in the middle, but perhaps they are also linked to an arousal.  All of these nights occur at home (6000 ft or above).  Lastly, I was born a true morning person.  When I am up, I literally pop out of bed.  I definitely don't linger in bed with the hose on. 

I think given some of the great advice in this thread my gameplan is to explore a pillow to rule out positional apnea, and continue raising my epap slowly until I start to phase out some of the OSA.  It appears that I can significantly lower my EPAP-min when I am at sea level, but need higher settings at home.  It seems my goal of one-setting to rule them all may not work unless I want to use the higher setting everywhere.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 255 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 181 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New APAP user - looking to dial it in. taxprof1122 4 532 01-06-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 888 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Dial It In Help chazmofo 6 439 02-06-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: chazmofo
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 882 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  New OSCAR user, trying to dial in settings tundranapper 4 655 10-05-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: tundranapper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.