Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't sleep with the mask!
Yes i do have the ramp  setting. But i don't  use it. My lower pressure is set to 10
Thanks
GARY
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Navi

I would suggest you are still in the early discovery days of your therapy.

Hang on in there as it REALLY does get better. I was given a full face mask from the hospital with a CPAP machine. I suffered far too long with the FFM as I did not want to give up having waited so long to get diagnosed. Now that I am able to read from the SD card at will, I am realising that I was waking up too often with the blasts of air and the many leaks with the FFM.

Through reading many posts and threads on this forum, I bought my own nasal pillows with a fitting at Resmed offices here in London. As I suspected I must have been sleeping with my mouth open for many years to supplement oxygen due to apneas I bought a soft cervical collar to keep my chin up. Before using the collar, I could feel my chin dropping to my chest as I fell asleep. By all learned accounts this served to close my airways more.

Sleep rider, QAL and many others here helped me fine tune my needs and I have not looked back. Last night I slept for a stretch of 9 hours initially and a further 2 hours later. The My Air summary was 100% for the first time!!! Of course I did have some events but at about 1.4/hour but that is acceptable, I am told.

Home titration occurred for a further 2 weeks before I started on with my own machine on 12th April . About a month later I changed to pillows with a lowering of max pressure from 16.8 to 14, and an increase of min pressure from 4 to 8, turning ramp off. I would say my journey to enlightenment took about 7 weeks but yours may be sooner with the help of the good advisors here.

Good luck, Navi. Relief will come.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Taking mask off in my sleep Vort 5 443 12-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Taking mask off in my sleep JulieB30 6 839 12-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Sleep Study: Nasal vs. Full Mask harmon k 2 668 11-20-2016, 06:38 PM
Last Post: harmon k
  Sleep Study Mask vs. Home-use Mask thecpapguy! 1 550 09-19-2016, 06:42 PM
Last Post: allenh
  Just learned I have sleep apnea, waiting to hear full results of sleep study SleeplessInOklahoma 18 1,482 09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Last Post: livingwithapnea
  taking mask off in sleep ratpack 3 834 05-19-2016, 10:50 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Sleep Study wearing Mask - does this sound right? kitty 14 2,252 12-10-2015, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958