Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: System one
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: Software is Encore Basic

Sex: Female

RE: Can't stay asleep all night
So I guess the saving grace is that if our CPAP is working, we are getting solid sleep when we think we are asleep. I guess that is something to be thankful for.
08-18-2012 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

They've done a ton of studies on sleep and sleep patterns. There's no one set way to sleep. Some do better with just 4 hrs, a few hrs of light activity, then 4 hrs more. Some do great with 7, others need 10.

Then add in the time of year, mood, food and drink intake, lighting, activity, and bunch of other stuff, and it really comes down to how you feel.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-18-2012 08:43 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

(08-18-2012 03:05 PM)jodiramm Wrote:  because she has sleep apnea and that she knew i had it too and as soon as i got on the CPAP i would be able to sleep through the night.

Your sister is lucky because she can sleep through the night. I was hoping I'd be lucky, too. But like you I still wake up several times a night. Before CPAP therapy it was worse, and now with CPAP therapy it's getting better. It just takes more time for some of us to adjust. Things started improving slowly for me, but I noticed improvement after just a few weeks. Nine months later I'm still improving. I still wake up a few times each night, but it's getting easier and easier to fall back asleep.

Some doctors say that everyone wakes up a few times each night, but not everyone remembers waking up. Whatever. As long as I can eventually get back to sleep I'm happy.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
08-18-2012 09:12 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
jodiramm Offline

Members

Machine: S9 Resmed Elite
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model:
Humidifier: Resmed H5I
CPAP Pressure: 9
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Wow, i actually just woke up and i had 6 hours of sleep and i only woke up once. Now that is something to smile about Smile. I decided to stay up and not go back to sleep because i have to get used to going back to work and to me 6 hours is amazing. I think i must have slept on the hose with my ear though because it hurts and is red and i know it wasn't my head gear because it is not tight. Kind of weird because i sleep on my left side and it is my right ear? Maybe the hose was on top of my ear somehow? I don't know, i can live with that because i am just happy about the 6 hours, but i also know that it was a good night and not trying to sound negative, but i am sure they won't always be like that, but then you never know.
08-19-2012 04:16 AM
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

(06-18-2012 07:19 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:  I have had some degree of the awakenings as you describe (at times)... I have found that taking 3mg of Melatonin (over the counter supplement) helps me sleep through the night for a full 6-7 hours.

I use it and take 10 but I can get to sleep usually but not always stay asleep more than 3 hrs. I dream and know I have and often remember them. I have dream themes. Often in a dorm, or moving into an apt or new house. Usually younger. like 20s and 30s Most of my dreams are pleasant even if I can't find my current car in a hotel parking lot. I recently dreamed of a beach hotel in LA I never heard of or knew of and the name is so similar exsists. I remembered it hrs after waking and looked it up. Something Marina La or Del Playa. I think, weird huh? I enjoy my dreams and have double or triple features usually. Sometimes more like a storey and I am not featured in it ok, I am weird, I know....... Cool ocean dreams and big turquoise waves and being on the beach or and walking on the beach. I have no music or any of those relaxing sounds playing. Imagine if I did.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 09:38 PM by Schnauzers 5.)
04-07-2013 09:34 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New User Having Trouble Staying Asleep and more SnoreGalore 9 484 Yesterday 08:00 PM
Last Post: SnoreGalore
  Falling Asleep During Day maisey 4 212 11-15-2016 07:08 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Power Outage: Stay Awake Or Sleep W/O CPAP? player 11 710 10-26-2016 08:29 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,327 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  starting to have a problem staying asleep bigcat 21 1,522 06-09-2016 06:12 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  [Treatment] Seeing significantly different AHI numbers night to night galenaforest 4 821 02-25-2016 02:27 AM
Last Post: Dagmar1
  [CPAP] Apnea event as falling asleep impedes CPAP Cromwell 10 978 02-13-2016 01:29 PM
Last Post: Cromwell