Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can't wait for my Wisp to arrive
Can't wait for my Wisp to arrive
Just tried it out at the sleep lab and loved it. I might actually be able to sleep on my side again. The nasal pillows kept getting dislodged everytime I tried to sleep on my side and I would wake up. Since I was inside my initial 30 days, I get them at no extra charge. Anyone else having success with the Wisp or are there any problems that I should know about other than the plastic clips?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can't wait for my Wisp to arrive
Hi Laser,
I'm very happy with mine, I have had it a little over a month and so far, it's working quite well for me.
I hope you have as much GREAT success with yours as I have had with mine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2013, 01:00 PM)Laser Wrote: Just tried it out at the sleep lab and loved it. I might actually be able to sleep on my side again. The nasal pillows kept getting dislodged everytime I tried to sleep on my side and I would wake up. Since I was inside my initial 30 days, I get them at no extra charge. Anyone else having success with the Wisp or are there any problems that I should know about other than the plastic clips?

The problem is with the original headgear where the clips snap in. If you get the silicone (also called "clear") headgear you should have no problems. It also seems to hold the mask in position better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one with the fabric frame. Been using it for about 2.5 months. It has become unusable because the FRAME is falling apart. It has failed due to stress to the fabric and torn in about 7 places.

Note: there are 3 parts to the Wisp. The mask (covers your nose), a frame which attaches to the mask (comes in fabric or silicone) and the headband which connects to the frame and goes over your head with the 4 adjustment points.

i just ordered a silicone replacement frame ($30) and hope it holds up better.

If I can ignore the extreme poor quality of this frame, the mask is great.

Gene
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2013, 06:46 PM)eplantz Wrote: I have one with the fabric frame. Been using it for about 2.5 months. It has become unusable because the FRAME is falling apart. It has failed due to stress to the fabric and torn in about 7 places.
Note: there are 3 parts to the Wisp. The mask (covers your nose), a frame which attaches to the mask (comes in fabric or silicone) and the headband which connects to the frame and goes over your head with the 4 adjustment points.
i just ordered a silicone replacement frame ($30) and hope it holds up better.

+1

I have had the silicone frame for a couple of weeks so far, and it appears to be holding up perfectly. Previously I had two fabric frames (first one replaced under warranty) and they were crap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I absolutely love my Wisp. I've been using it a little over one month with the s/med cushions. I have no leaks. I struggle a bit with the bottom connectors, but that's getting better.

We ought to get together and exchange the masks we don't use. I imagine the s/m is the one used the most. So I could send my small or large to someone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have mentioned that, while the Wisp works better for me than any of the other eight masks I have used over the past year, I do have one kvetch: The vent holes are designed to blow the exhaust air straight upward. I am guessing the purpose of this design is to keep the air from blowing on a bed partner. However, the result is that the air blows into my eyes. I do not have a bed partner, nor do I have plans to acquire one, but I do have eyes, and I plan on keeping them.

I have considered fabricating a little shield that I could glue on just past the vent holes that would deflect the air outward.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using my Wisp for a little over a week now. Until I was switched to BiPAP, a full face mask worked, but the pressure on the bi is way too high and that keep blowing the mask off the bottom of my face so in the middle of the night, I would change back to my nasal pillow mask. After 4 more unsuccessful mask attempts, I was sent home the Wisp to try and I really like it. Best one so far!

Edited to add that I have the silicone frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lesliesch,
WELCOME! to the forum! and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Trish!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wisp stats mousetrap 6 3,554 09-08-2023, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  WISP Nasal Mask users Gus Wah 5 838 07-23-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen! agunslinger 2 683 04-16-2022, 12:13 PM
Last Post: agunslinger
  Spare machine or wait? David Clark 7 858 04-11-2022, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Newly diagnosed and don't want to wait. mfco7 6 923 02-23-2022, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Geer1
  [CPAP] Diagnosed AHI 112, use recalled DS1 or wait several months for new CPAP PhiladelphiaCollins 8 1,038 02-21-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Wait Time for ResMed Equipment Replacement jerrydaw 3 1,051 01-30-2022, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Helena

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.