Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone?
RE: Can the ClimatelineAir hose kink? Anyone?
The rubber end of the main hose gets looser over time. Rubber bands around the rubber end are one approach. Glue works too but is a permanent commitment. Bigwink
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ambroid? Didn't know it was available any more. But like Guy said rubber bands work great. My connection got too lose about nine months ago but it hasn't come apart since I added a rubber band.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I hadn't given much thought to the rubber end of the hose. I just checked it and it's snug as can be. Been using it since early Sept. of 2018.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I've stepped on the hose wearing shoes before....it's certainly not round where I stepped on the hose but it's not flat and there's no restricted airflow. I was a beefy 230lbs when I stepped on it. (Down to 217 now!! trying to get to 200)
Post Reply Post Reply
There's no way in the world, I could step on my hose. Just wondering how those of you that have, have your machine and hose set up?  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
As I described, my machine is just below head level in the bottom of the top drawer of a bed-side table.  The hose, as I use it, rises and curves tightly over the unit, out of the somewhat-open drawer and over to run across my torso.  Between topsheet and the cover.  After use, I lay the headgear over the top of the bedside table/drawer, whereupon some of it lies on the floor.  If I'm not careful, I will step on it, but I know not to place my full weight onto any forward foot until I know for sure it isn't underfoot in the dark, unseen (I go to bed hours after the missus, so it's into the darkness I go when I open the bedroom door).
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first began SA Therapy, the hose ran from a bedside stand over to the bed and lay on me. I put up with that non-sense for about a week or so, if even that. 

I made a hose holder / hanger and the comfort / ease of use level rose about 1000%. That was probably the biggest improvement of anything CPAP related.  Thumbs-up-2
Post Reply Post Reply
Never stepped on mine, somehow did distort the roundness of my original heated hose. I think it got stuck under the bed frame upper and lower sections on my hospital bed tilt mechanism and had pressure on the hose but hadn't dropped bed flat fully. Still works though.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 8 111 1 hour ago
Last Post: ahuman
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,290 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 643 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.