Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can we get personal?
Can we get personal?
Okay, after all the weird, sometimes personal things we discuss here, this should not be an issue, but if it is, well....get over it I guess!
Who else is using a nasal pillows mask and has nose hair trouble? That's right, you heard me, raise your hands!
I am not a hairy guy. I have no more hair on my back than when I was 2 years old, I am up to about half a dozen chest hairs now, so this is not really a "hairy guy" discussion. My eyebrows have never been groomed, they know better than to grow unchecked, and contrary to what it may sound like I have looked in the mirror many times and you cannot see bushels of hair growing out of my nose!
Never the less, Every single night I am awakened about 2 hours after I go to sleep and then several times thereafter by the air blowing around what few nose hairs I have, tickling and irritating the crud outta me! I'm not huge on this whole "metrosexual" idea of "manscaping" and facials and manicures and pedicures and such, but I finally got absolutely fed up today and went to Target and bought one of those nose hair trimmer thingys. What sadistic creature came up with this? This thing vibrates and a very high rate and I stick it up my nose and a sneezing fit ensues! After many false starts I managed to run it around each nostril. I can't tell yet if anything happened, I mean I am just not hairy enough so that no real indicators hit the sink. I guess tonight will tell the tale. C'mon folks, I cannot possibly be the only person with this issue!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can we get personal?
Seriously I don,t have problem with hair up my nose but I use a nasal mask. I would be careful shaving the hair up my nose but once went to a Turkish barber and he removed my ear hair...Turkish style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxuDDO2Z_xE
Post Reply Post Reply
Try some HPA lanolin. It'll keep those nose hairs from flying around in the breeze!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Heh, I feel your pain, MJ. I'm not overly hairy, either, but after about age 40 or so I've started growing hair in strange places - nose and the top/edge of my ears. I looked in the mirror one day and my ears looked pointed from the tufts growing out the top.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing is too personal if it contributes to successful therapy. I'm sure you're not the only person this affects.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2012, 08:28 AM)zimlich Wrote: Nothing is too personal if it contributes to successful therapy. I'm sure you're not the only person this affects.

Which is why I posted it! Smile Besides after 50 and many trips to doctors and hospitals and such, you have no more illusion of privacy and absolutely nothing embarrasses you! LOL!

The good news is that I must have gotten the hairs causing the tickle because they did not wake me up last night! Of course I had to run out of the house this morning to fill the gas tank on the car and still get to work this morning so I didn't have time to look at my data. I'll do that tonight. If I suddenly see improvement in my numbers, I will have a good laugh!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
MJ.. if you post that your numbers have improved, it may cause a rush to buy nose trimmers at the big box store. I think I may call my broker and buy some stock in the company that makes the trimmers. $$$ Dielaughing
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any trouble with my nasal pillows, but your post made me go look in a mirror and trim my nose hairs. I don't have a fancy trimmer. I just use a pair of blunt ended sizzors designed for nose trimming. It seems to work well enough. Even without trimming them, it difficult to imagine how those hairs wouldn't be compressed against the sides of my nose by the nasal pillows. Perhaps, if your nasal hairs are deeper in your nose than the ends of the pillows, you could have a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont use nasals but to my shock about 10 years ago my nose decided to grow itself a beard not to mention my ears. It isnt a personal thing but a funny one. Had many jokes over it so dont worry your aint on your own here. Bought myself a grooming kit and chopped them all away.

[Image: Nose%20Hair%20Ad.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
You guys are just too hilarious. Love the pics, Dreamcatcher!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,998 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Any personal experiences with BMC Luna GII 2.4 Auto Machine Yuley 5 5,255 01-29-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: robertiv
  US Tariffs and/or FDA restrictions on import of CPAP for personal use MarkSc 2 1,400 06-05-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MarkSc
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,531 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019
  Home Sleep Study Rental - What online places/companies are best to use from personal My3rd3y3 0 1,109 03-07-2019, 06:49 AM
Last Post: My3rd3y3
  Mask Discussion (split from "Your Personal CPAP Success Story" thread) Sleepyb 1 2,062 06-06-2014, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Buckeyedog
  [Health] My New Personal Record Netskier 3 3,697 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Netskier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.