Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can we post sleep studies for board examination and reccomendations?
Can we post sleep studies for board examination and reccomendations?
CPAP 100% compliance user since 2007.  Just had a sleep study back on the 3rd.  Received a copy of the study via email.  I don't know much about this subject, but what I read tells me I am probably lucky not to have died in my sleep!  Is it proper to post a REDACTED sleep study for member comment and recommendation?  If so I will redact all the personal information contained on it and post it up.  

WHY?  I have a post-sleep study consult with the NP at 10:30am on the 15th, with a sit-down with the DME's respiratory therapist just afterwards to pick up what I am told will be an Airsense 10 AutoSet.  

I'd like some guidance from the board if allowed in scripting my visit with the NP so as to make best use of both her and my time, based on the results of my sleep study.  Is that allowed here?

Also, will be a Medicare 13-month rental, for which I will be responsible for approx $200 come next January due to Medicare deductible.  Instead, can I purchase this unit myself and seek reimbursement from Medicare such that I come out better and not have to pay the deductible?  I have already satisfied my deductible for this year.

Lastly, I sometimes sleep in the hammock out in the boat with my current CPAP machine running on 12-volt.  Will the Airsense 10 AutoSet run on 12-volt power?  If so, links to additional 12-volt power equipment needed to do this?  THANKS everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can we post sleep studies for board examination and reccomendations?
Yes, we'll take a look at a REDACTED sleep lab report, but please do take care to clean it of any information that could be used to identify or to locate you.

My Medistrom standby battery has a 24 volt output, which I suspect is either standard, or the standard for the RESMED line.  A single Medistrom panel will last about six hours with no tube heating and no humidity setting...both zeroed.

As for a deductible, I would call and ask.  It seems to me a deductible is a deductible if it's not a rental fee; you'll pay it either way.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can we post sleep studies for board examination and reccomendations?
Thanks.  I'll scrub it of all personal info and post it up.  I have the 12-volt series 24 starting battery and two series 27 deep cycle batteries that I can run wither 12 volt parallel or 24-volt series.  Already have the cigarette lighter plug in the boat for CPAP duty exclusively.  Which voltage, and what connective items do I need to purchase?  Also need to run a heated hose sometimes in late winter or early spring, because it gets cold out there.  I use one I got out of OZ, a stand-alone heated hose that is not brand dependent, but does ResMed have their own?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 164 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 626,074 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 188 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,839 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 173 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  HELP WITH SLEEP STUDIES PLEASE Johnny Bravo 17 1,014 03-08-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Johnny Bravo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.