Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you folks help me untangle this?
RE: Can you folks help me untangle this?
nila Wrote:Thank you, Paula Smile.

I didn't know there was a general test for EDS -- I knew they were working on tests for the subtypes, but I (and my doc) thought there was nothing right now. So that is very useful info!

I didn't realise that raising the bed so little would help. I might be able to try that.
Post Reply Post Reply
archangle Wrote:
nila,(time=1319566654) Wrote:'I know many people believe a pressure of 4 is too low for inspiration to feel comfortable, but it might be enough for you.'

Hmm... I experiemented with settings until I found one that I could feel kept my airway open. That was around 10, I think (Iwill check). But might a very low setting help and I don't realise it?
If you put the CPAP on and use a setting of 4, you'll be no worse off than not using a CPAP. See if you can wear it, even during the day when reading or watching TV and build up to a level where your apnea goes away.
Post Reply Post Reply
nila Wrote:Sorry folks -- I've been too sick to post the past few days, but I am pondering your suggestions and how I might be able to implement them Smile.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Sleep folks miss something? Sleepy Quixote 2 520 06-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 921 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Hello folks, new here and new to using CPAP Phil487 4 460 05-31-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: mmaattppp
Question [Treatment] S. Apnea caused by bad orthodontia, solve w/ dental appliance. What do folks think? NightOwl42 11 1,980 08-28-2019, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Stom
  Hello folks, allow me to introduce myself nightrider1669 8 2,350 09-09-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Board Newbie, 13+ years on CPAP - Hello folks!! GreatBlueWhale 4 2,269 09-12-2014, 02:36 AM
Last Post: NickDanger
  Full Face Mask question for Oxygen/cpap folks nmbugs 4 3,100 01-15-2014, 01:09 AM
Last Post: Peter_C

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.