Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Are Sleep Apnea oral appliances & sleep apnea mouth pieces underrated?
RE: Are Sleep Apnea oral appliances & sleep apnea mouth pieces underrated?
"The one thing I did not try with the oral device is a full face mask. Now that I write this, it makes me realize I should try it that way too. If I do, I'll repost."

Well, I gave it a shot. I used the tongue depressing mouth piece with a full face mask thinking that by allowing my mouth to open that the mouth piece would fit better. Unfortunately for me, my mouth is too small for the device. 
I think for someone else that the device can fit in their mouth that the tongue depressor will hold their tongue in place. It did hold mine, but the sidewalls of the device were biting into the bottom of my mouth even after shaving away the corners.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 5 60 3 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 12 847 6 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 103 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 7 263 Yesterday, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Akaharu
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 2 113 04-17-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: Hurdsy
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 170 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 199 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.