Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you obtain keys for CPAP machines?
RE: Can you obtain keys for CPAP machines?
(04-09-2014, 12:58 PM)justMongo Wrote: You do not need that key to change settings. Watch the video!!!
Your answer is there.

I agree with Mongo's assessment since I had that machine before I got the S9.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 07:48 PM)PollCat Wrote:
(04-09-2014, 12:58 PM)justMongo Wrote: You do not need that key to change settings. Watch the video!!!
Your answer is there.

I agree with Mongo's assessment since I had that machine before I got the S9.

Well then tell me why after I access the setting for the pressure (which says 6 althought I thought it was 5) nothing happens when I press the up down buttons? If you know how to get the machine to let me change the settings then please share.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed (S9 at least) doesn't need a KEY to change settings, the SD Card itself can do that.

The Rescan program makes changes to the card which will update the settings on the machine the next time the card is inserted.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2014, 12:31 PM)Bama Rambler Wrote: ...You press the "ramp" and "next" (bottom) buttons at the same time and hold them for at least 3 seconds until the display changes. You then hit the "next" button until you see the pressure (cmH2O) number flashing and then press the up or down button to change it. Then press the "next" button when done.

Did you try pressing and holding the top and bottom buttons (Ramp & Next) at the same time?
If so did you see the altitude setting, and was it flashing?
When you look at the pressure, is it or the units (cmH2O) flashing?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can probably stick the "key" into a computer and use some software to set the settings. It's convenient for the DME's to do it that way.

However, you can probably also get into the settings just by pushing some secret combination of buttons on the unit.

I'm not that familiar with F&P CPAP, but I haven't heard that they can be "locked out" like that.

Insist on a Philips Respironics or ResMed machine next time. Look in my signature line for some information on which ones to get.

On PRS1 machines, the DME can "lock" the SD card such that the patient can't change the settings even with the "secret" key codes, but you can reformat the SD card or replace it with a normal SD card. If there's a SD card in the F&P machine, try removing it before changing the settings.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 133 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 875 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 527 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 616 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 84,169 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,132 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 793 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.