Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can you please review my daily charts
Can you please review my daily charts
Hi Guys this is my first 4 days using my apap machine.

my first 2 days were miserable since I kept getting a congested nose and leaking trough my mouth since I had improper humidifier settings.

but is becoming easier each day as I learn new tricks, leaks are slowing down, im learning to breathe trough my nose and it seems that my AHI is staying around 5.7 , (it used to be 27 without equipment).

I also wanted to ask you guys if you can let me know how you improved the first 3 months so I know what to expect after this, thank you for all your help.

[Image: day1.png]

[Image: day2.png]

[Image: day3.png]

[Image: day4.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can you please review my daily charts
Interpreting graphs from a PR machine is a little different than those for a ResMed machine.
Prima facie, you don't seem to be running enough pressure to quash the hypoapneas.
On the other hand, when you do get near the max pressure setting of 10, you have quite a bit of clear airway (CA) apnea.
The CA may be pressure induced; and may abate with time.
Or, you may have mixed apnea. Which would mean your not on the optimal type of machine.
Mixed apnea is best treated by an ASV machine.

Were your pressure ranges determined in a sleep study?

First impression as to pressure is that 5 minimum is too low for you.
And, depending upon whether more max pressure would induce more CA, to quash the hypos, more max pressure may be called for.
You have to do keep from letting your mouth open with a nasal mask.
You should try a chin strap. Or, go to a full face mask.

You should discuss your results with your doctor.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, yes my pressure was prescribed after the sleep study.

I told him during the study i opened my mouth at times to exhale, they said it didnt matter for study purposes.

the sleep clinic will mail me a prescription for a face mask, and told me to try a few weeks this pressure settings before considering adjusting them.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2016, 04:58 PM)ezdrifler Wrote: the sleep clinic will mail me a prescription for a face mask, and told me to try a few weeks this pressure settings before considering adjusting them.

The Min Pressure is mostly just a comfort setting which should be set high enough to not cause discomfort.

If you ever feel like you are not getting enough air or it seems a little too hard to inhale, I recommend immediately increasing the Min Presure a little and keeping Ramp off.

Increasing the Min Presdure would also help prevent many of those Hypopneas and RERAs.

If you turn on A-Flex of 1 or higher, this will lower your pressure around 2cm H2O or more during exhalation. Another reason to raise the Min Pressure, to compensate for A-Flex, if used.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2016, 05:02 PM)vsheline Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 04:58 PM)ezdrifler Wrote: the sleep clinic will mail me a prescription for a face mask, and told me to try a few weeks this pressure settings before considering adjusting them.

The Min Pressure is mostly just a comfort setting which should be set high enough to not cause discomfort.

If you ever feel like you are not getting enough air or it seems a little too hard to inhale, I recommend immediately increasing the Min Presure a little and keeping Ramp off.

Increasing the Min Presdure would also help prevent many of those Hypopneas and RERAs.

If you turn on A-Flex of 1 or higher, this will lower your pressure around 2cm H2O or more during exhalation. Another reason to raise the Min Pressure, to compensate for A-Flex, if used.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Ill read into the manual but I havent hear what the "Ramp" and the "A-Flex" are, I gotta look into those terms
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2016, 01:24 AM)ezdrifler Wrote: Ill read into the manual but I havent hear what the "Ramp" and the "A-Flex" are, I gotta look into those terms

CPAP Ramp:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...=CPAP_ramp

A-Flex:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=A-Flex
(a brand-specific type of Exhalation pressure relief)
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, changed my min from 5 to 6 and took a 2 hour powernap and got AHI of 1.7

Ill try it out all night long to see what happens.

I was asking my son, "can you imagine the last time I had such a low index in my life?"

ty
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 108 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,019 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 378 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,121 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Some Oscar Charts from me Dataporter 3 260 01-28-2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.