Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Preferred Level for SNI
RE: Preferred Level for SNI
It's a budget machine, BMC actually lost a court case to resmed and has to pay resmed an amount per unit sold. As a lot of the tech makes it a resmed clone. So it will adequately treat OSA.

The secondhand early model BMC 3B that I had. The screen gives the SNI data as well as on the charts. The machine does have enough data on the screen to self titrate and that is how it is sold in most of the world. The charts are basic and an extra and doesn't give that much more than the screen report. I swapped to resmed s9 when I joined this forum. ( I prefer the resmed even from the start, the preset trigger and rise time was cleaner )
This is the titration guide for the model I had. In the modes, it even has a titration mode. Specifically for the first weeks to determine the P95 accurately.
[commercial DME link removed, for CPAP Clinician Manual requests, go HERE]

After the initial titration that the instructions will give, instead of going onto fixed P95 pressure, I would stay in auto. The machine is a bit slow to respond, I guess about the same as respironics. I would have the min pressure 1cm below the P95, same as 95% on sleepyhead etc. The max I'd have a few cm above the p95 based on a 30 day average. Then adjust the min up if there are still significant OA/H/SNI etc. The machine I had didn't report on CA.

If I was in the US, I wouldn't accept it and want a resmed airsense autoset for her model. Though I think the later ones, both have the same two auto modes now. perhaps someone can confirm?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
It is certainly a budget machine compared to a resmed here but there is a large variation here in resmed prices too as the dealers seem to be a protected species, in fact you can buy an Airsense 10 vauto imported from USA cheaper (almost half price) than the local ones although they are now being forced to compete a bit especially with BMC being a quarter of the price.

This is the comparison chart I was given [commercial DME link removed] and it doesn't surprise me that it is a clone of Resmed, the chinese don't seem to worry too much about patents etc but I notice in the chart Resmed is listed at 34db and the BMC at 30db which is interesting as the resmed are rated at 26db on one site which is probably why I couldn't hear our trial one (resmed) but the BMC sounds like a car coming up the road in front of our house, maybe I got a bad one?

Mine was set on titration which was a shock without the reslex function, so once I got instructions how to change it it was a lot better although looking at that comparison chart it says there is an adjustable apnoea delay response but can't find that.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
In the US, the insurance pays the same amount, whether it's basic or top of the line.
Okay, you have used a resmed and have a comparison, that makes it easier.

you have the next model that mine and is a better unit.

do you want to list your AHI and settings, to see if there are any suggestions to improve them?

You go into setup to find sensitivity setting and all the others. It would also need to be in auto mode. Have you also looked at the youtube videos?
I watched this guys video on the old 3b, it was ok/
parts 1-3 on the luna on youtube
"BMC Luna G2 Auto Introduction Part 1 of 3"

curiosity got me, I found the sensitivity in video 3

this is for setting up cpap with known pressure numbers, I haven't found the auto titration manual for this model yet. I'd guess it's very similar to the one I posted above. In any case I can run you through how to adjust for the best outcome.
http://3bproducts.com/wp-content/uploads...ctions.pdf
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for that it made me feel better knowing that the leaks I am getting are way lower than normal but am surprised about the noise level as my machine is a lot higher than the trial resmed and it (resmed) showed about 4-5 units higher pressures, I thought this unit would be ok as my AHI level was fairly low (26 on my back) and it does keep them down below 2 but usually less than 1, I think last night was .5 and about the same as the Resmed but I certainly don't feel as good or get the same sleep quality which I put down to the noise and leak factor?

Will just have to suck it up and see how the rest of this week goes.

Thanks again there is lots of info on the other youtube videos too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Start a new thread if you want to go through your pressures and AHI. something like 'help to adjust Luna BMC' to catch everyone's eye.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks ajack will do, have had 3 good nights by the sd care readings but headaches and twinges in the chest with a fuzzy brain which to my inexperienced idea doesn't sound right considering I only had one apnea last night in total or .1 on the screen in but the SNI was 6.1 on the screen and only 1 on the sd card readout?? no idea why there is a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  traveling from sea level to SLC eok361 2 77 04-16-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 157 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,230 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 624 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 638 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 471 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Extremely rapid breathing on bi-level (28 resp. rate) Too Sleepy 52 4,697 01-01-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Fixit50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.